SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test

I’m an awful learner. I’ve not been doing the challenges on the 6 minutes a day course properly or using the fantastic resource of the slack or the hangouts or this lovely forum either. I paused my course at week 24 because I knew I wasn’t doing it properly and I wanted to sort out my routine and develop some better habits and now I’m back! I’ve got a new job which is sending me on a 2 hour a week class starting in September, I’ve joined a practice group at work, and I’m going back over the challenges to do things properly this time. Which is all a very long way of saying… I’ve finally done the 5 minutes test! Hwre!

I know this gets asked a lot but if anyone has any advice on what’s worked for you in developing good learning habits then I would love to hear it. Diolch!

Hi Hannah,

I have quite a busy life, so I followed the guidelines in the FAQ https://www.saysomethingin.com/static/howto/HowTo04MakeTimeToLearn.pdf
I invested in a pair of bluetooth headphones.
I cycle to and from work each day, which is about 40 mins each way, ideal for the length of most lessons, though using the pause button, poses its own problems.
I have an hour for lunch, I also listen whislt cooking the tea, and I talk to myself anywhere and everywhere repeating the various phrases, though this does bring the odd stare from passers by.
I have also stopped writing things down, which as Aran says I used to use as a bit of a crutch, which defeats the whole point of this method of learning.

Alla i dim yn cofio os dw i wedi bod yn gwneud hyn (hope that makes sense!)

Done it! :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay in answering. I’ve been busy with Bwtcamp this week :slight_smile:
If you’d like to do your sentences as a conversation between 2 people that’s great, but try not to just read it. If you can put a word or two as a prompt for the beginning of each sentence, then create the rest on the fly, that’s the best way to do it.

Done it! Although this week’s been much harder with less free time :sweat_smile:

Thank you Dee. Hope the bwtcamp went well :hugs:

Done it!

I passed the 5 minute test :slight_smile:

Done…great fun :blush:

Done it

Done :slight_smile:

Done it!

Done :+1::blush:

Done it!:+1:

wedi gwneud o :smiley:

Done it. . May I have an ardderchog :innocent:

Done it :slight_smile:

OK, I did this a while back but didn’t know this was where I was supposed to post it!

Dw i wedi gwneud e!
I’ve done it!
:slight_smile: