The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

LOL, @henddraig! I hope LOL isnā€™t Welsh for somethingā€¦

Yay! and diolch yn fawr iawn for my funny speech bubble thingy - I have graduated. Yippee!

1 Like

Lol means rubbish or gibberish in Welsh

6 Likes

Wel dynaā€™r tua gywir 'te achos dw i ddim yn meddwl all this text-speak is a good thing anyway, so I might just go back to my principles and stop using it. And if lol really means gibberish, then Iā€™m really pleased dw i wedi dysgu e achos dw iā€™n siwr bydda e very useful yn dyfodol.

1 Like

Done it!

1 Like

Dwā€™i wedi ei neud e!

Wasnā€™t too sure about ā€œIā€™d like toā€ and went with ā€œHoffwn iā€¦ā€ but if thatā€™s not correct Iā€™ll do the whole thing again.

Just found my way back to this forum, would love if these fun exercises were a regular thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bore da a chroeso nƓl. (Good morning and welcome back.) !!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m doing some work on an overall picture for what the most useful extra things to be doing would look like - so thereā€™ll definitely be more stuff coming down the tubes before too long, of some kindā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Take it easy though, with your back, Aran. I hope you are feeling better.

1 Like

to @carole_1 I second the above!

1 Like

Diolch, Johnā€¦ :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr, Tatjana a Henddraig :smile:

1 Like

Now done. Went thruā€™ it quite quickly the first time but with limited additional vocab; but the second time I made sure I added a greater variety of words. I still have to stop and think with past tenses as to which kind each one is - but the forms of future tense (thankfully not included in the test) are in a category of their own!

4 Likes

Done it!

4 Likes

wedi 'wneud hynny, Diolch.

3 Likes

Dw I wedi offen o! Dw i wedi bod yn siarad am mynd yn Ć“l i gwaith heddiw! Dw angen ennill y lottery! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

done! thatā€™s an inspiring test, shows progress :slight_smile: x

1 Like

done it!

2 Likes

wedi gwneud o :slight_smile:

1 Like

I enjoyed making sentences and managed to complete the exercise in 5 minutes.

I keep a box of little cards each with a few words written in Welsh so that when I go out I can slip a card into my pocket and at every opportunity take out the card and try to make a sentence out of each of the words on the card. I find this helpful because I am at that stage in my life when I forget things so easily, even English words do not always come when they are needed.
I must add that I do not say these sentences aloud unless in a remote country lane or in my car.

Dorie

4 Likes