The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

@Deborah-SSi - sorry if my memory is abandoning me - have we had a plug for this in the email? Could we maybe run a plug for it once a month or so? :heart: :star2:

2 Likes

Yes, it was in this weekā€™s email, but Iā€™ll pop a reminder once a month :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I said this almost a month ago, but going through the last lesson of Course 3 - repeating it after a while Iā€™m 100 % sure I didnā€™t do the challenge even a bit correctly at all so would you be so kind @aran and take my pink(ish) badge away as I believe I donā€™t deserve it to be there at all.

Than you.

However additionally - do I have to post here again when I properly do it again or can I just do my recording and earn red one immediately?

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

Lesson 25 is hard so donā€™t worry. It is handy to go back to for reference or a refresher. Donā€™t worry about getting a high pass rate on it. Apparently its harder than real life due itā€™s complexity.

1 Like

No, Tatjana, Iā€™m not going to take away your pink badge because you feel as though you had a bad revision session on the last lesson of Course 3 (which is by quite some way the toughest lesson in all the courses!). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As you wish, @aran. I have no energy to argue ā€¦

Thank you.

Tatjana

1 Like

Ok. So. My try. I think I got them all. But my terror kicked in, I have not listened. Yet.

https://soundcloud.com/vicky-kingsley-30146868/5-mins
5 Likes

Finally got round to it - Soundcloud track to follow!

6 Likes

Done it! Yay, me! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I needed a little reminder
To tell my brain ā€˜quickā€™ where to find her.
ā€˜That I needā€™ā€”let me thinkā€¦
I do want the pinkā€¦
Thanks ā€˜boā€™ fiā€™ you couldnā€™t be kinder!

Done it with just that one scary moment. Bring on the bubblesā€¦

6 Likes

Done it.

5 Likes

Done it. Just!

5 Likes

No problem with the Welsh (I think), but I need help to upload the recording I made please.

I use an iPad, but discovered I could not record directly to SoundCloud. I therefore did my recording on ā€˜AudioCopyā€™ (as recommended on the web) and tried uploading it into SoundCloud only to be told I had exceeded my limit. Really? 2-3 minutes exceeds my limit? I have checked my account which I set up last night, but nothing suggests there should be a problem.

Audacity is recommended here, but that does not seem to be for iPad, unless it is covered under Mac.

Tatjana, I may be going back to the wishing well againā€¦ but I am open to any suggestions how to migrate my recording on to the Forum please.

Diolch yn fawr,
Marilyn

PS Failing all else, perhaps I could Skype someone with my effort?

PPS I could email my recording. Would that work?

Cheers,
Marilyn

@lewie youā€™re an iDevices master. Can you help? Any advise on how to upload to Soundcloud from iPad???

Diolch.

My first thought here would be to wonder if youā€™ve got the iOS app, or if you were going straight to the website? I would expect the app to work better on an iPad than going via browserā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you Aranā€”good point, I will check that out.

Fingers crossed I can solve this puzzle. Given your suggestion, I will do some sleuthing once I am back from my early morning swim. The day is young here in Vancouver :face_with_monocle:

If I cannot solve it a young musician friend has offered to be my ā€˜sound engineerā€™ in exchange for some embroidery she would like doneā€”an interesting generational difference between the skills we learn maybe? But it is delightful!

Diolch yn fawr iawn,
Marilyn

2 Likes

That sounds superb. On a similar note, have you come across https://simbi.com/aran-jones/welcome ? Itā€™s the best symbiotic economy approach Iā€™ve seen so farā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like