The Advent Calendar Challenge

Hi Mark
How do we sign up for this with you ?
Naomi

Hi Naomi, I saw Marks message posted on 6mths course channel on Slack, I think it is on WSP as well or you could leave message here on the forum.
I think he still has days to fill and Dee has mentioned the Advent challenge in the newsletter. Congratulations on winning your learners award.

Hi Naomi,
I’ve left you a message on Slack. Chat to you soon!

Day 4: chatted with two of our cycling club while out riding today and a longer chat with @amandalaing one we got the technology working! Diolch @amandalaing

2 Likes

Day 5: thanks to @nia.llywelyn for spending an hour to chat with me in Welsh. Lots of fun and now you know where Tajikistan is!

2 Likes

Hi Mark and Amanda, great idea for a challenge an I would love to chat sometime. Send me a message here or on slack if you have days you need to fill!

Kate

Hi Kate,
I will get in touch with you via Slack to sort out a date and time

Day 6: No problem…3 hours in Dosbarth Nos…popeth yn Cymraeg!!

4 Likes

Day 7 in Manchester and visit to the Siop Shop

3 Likes

Day 7: Tried a chat about work with 2 other cycling instructors for at least 30 minutes and a chat with Karen on Slack after arriving late and the window cleaner calling. Of to see Gruff Rhys tonight so hopefully try out some more Welsh later!

3 Likes

What time are we booked for on Sunday Evening, please?

Hi John,
I think there’s been a few messages flying about and l have booked a chat with Margaret this Sunday (9th).
Would you be OK for Sunday 16th? 4pm?

Day 8: After a very late night watching the fabulous Gruff Rhys, I had a late start and managed a chat (Slack and old school phone call) with @vikta. We’re good friends meeting through Say Something in Welsh, so it was good to catch up again. Diolch Vikta

3 Likes

Day 9: Thanks to @margaretnock for spending an hour chatting tonight. What an amazing journey you had to get to Thailand!

And what a trip you will have in Tajikistan.:grinning:

1 Like

Day 10. International call to Ruth in Canada. Vancouver is wet but no snow yet but the mountains will be getting whiter as we speak. Diolch Ruth.

1 Like

Day 11: Ride out with the bike club and a chance to chat with three Welsh speakers on the road and over coffee and cake. Plus a hour chat with @Deborah-SSi today ( Cymraeg gorau!!) about all manner of things but also a chance to say Diolch yn fawr iawn to @Deborah-SSi for all the help she has given me over the past 10months helping me to become a Welsh speaker.

3 Likes

Croeso mawr i ti @Gog! You’re very welcome and I really enjoyed our chat. Could you imagine having that conversation 10 months ago? You’ve done amazing things with your Welsh!

1 Like

Ha ha. No…I could probably have managed Sut wyt ti? And Diolch yn fawr… but not a great deal more. That’s why I am so grateful to you @nia.llywelyn @aran and catrin an all the SSiW learners who have helped me to get this far.

1 Like

Day 12: Hosted a Hangout with Rich, Dave, Fiona and Vikta. Seems everyone is miles ahead of me with Christmas preparations!

2 Likes