The courage to make more mistakes?

Just send an email through to admin@saysomethingin.com with WSP in the subject and we will send you an invitation to join the open Welsh Speaking Practice Slack group. There are others there still on Level 1, and @Nicky runs hangouts specially for beginners from time to time. It’s a very friendly place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ii actually have a question here. People are talking about chatting on Slack, but it looks to me like chats are actually (Google) Hangouts, aren’t they? Is there a way on Slack to actually chat with someone else through Slack? Hangouts don’t work very well for me - all those flashing images as people jump in and out (or cough or rustle papers or . . .). So I’m just wondering if there is an alternative.

1 Like

Whilst you can have hangouts (which can accommodate up to 10 chatters) via Slack (Slack 'piggy-backs google hangouts for this) you can also have 1-to-1 chats in Slack itself. You just call the person you are going to chat with (or they call you!) - no need to post a link or anything.

Also, there is a little trick to stop the screen jumping about in a hangout - to stay focused on one speaker, you click on their small picture in the row of everyone’s picture. This puts a white box around that person and your screen will stay on that person until you click on their little picture again. This means you can manually choose who’s image you see and click between them when someone else speaks and any background sound does not cause the image to jump (and this only applies to the image on your device - it doesn’t affect what anyone else sees).

Hope that helps :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you - that’s really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s very useful, thanks!

1 Like