The Diolch! Thank you! thread

Diolch to you too, Deborah, for everything you do for SSiW.

2 Likes

Sā€™mae Tom! Diolch i ti hefyd!

3 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty more to come- including one day a move to retire where my heart belongs!

2 Likes

@thomas-jones-1 What a beautiful story!

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr @thomas-jones-1 :tada:
Tiā€™n seren :star_struck:
I also met Andy who lives in Porthcawl last night and he wanted me to let @aran know how much SSiW has changed his life.
There are a few Welsh speakers in his workplace and he feels so happy and very special that he can communicate with them in their language

5 Likes

What an incredibly powerful and beautiful story - thank you SO much for sharing it with us. The health sector has been flagged up by (I think) the Council of Europe as being one of the areas in Wales where language provision is not to an acceptable standard, because of the importance of being able to use the first language in high pressure situations where people are feeling vulnerable - so for someone to have that connection in an English hospital is rare and wonderful. Diolch o galon i ti am ddysgu! :heart: :star2:

7 Likes

Sut mae
Diolch @gisella-albertini
Thank you Gisella for understanding my frustrations and for posting the song I wrote all in Welsh.

3 Likes

Thanks for your thanks @jenirizio-1, itā€™s always nice to hear appreciation. :slightly_smiling_face:
Just know that itā€™s great to see learners use their Welsh creatively and an inspiration to me and hopefully to everybody else listening.
Thanks for writing the song!

2 Likes

Thank you! I feel happy when speaking the beautiful language and love to share the joy. Nadolig Llawen!

3 Likes

I just wanted to say a huge DIOLCH to Beca @beca-brown :slight_smile: Iā€™ve recently returned to the Advanced Content and been listening regularly to the recordings again. Iā€™d become a little complacent recently, with life taking over somewhat, and just been plodding on with Radio Cymru, S4C and reading to keep me going in between being able to have conversations with others. But these recordings have been excellent to boost my vocab and to keep pushing me on. The variation of the content is great, with interviewees of varied ages from north and south discussing a wide range of topics. I still find Trystan Lewisā€™s chats the most challenging!! The diaries are great for shorter bursts of practice and for the humour and Becaā€™s story is entertaining and moving.
Felly diolch o galon Beca :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thatā€™s given me a big prod to return to the advanced content Jeanbrandwood, thanks! X

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Emma. I donā€™t know why I lapsed really. I just have it on in the background and Iā€™m really enjoying them. Hope you do too. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Jean! This is a local message - many thanks! And I think many first language speakers find Trystan a bit challenging! :rofl:
Youā€™ll be glad to hear that Iā€™m working on finishing both mini seriesā€™, so youā€™ll have plenty to be going on with :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s encouraging about Trystan, Beca :joy:And great news about even more content on the way! Diolch yn fawr :grin: