The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Hi Sionned, could you please add me to your map. Chard Somerset TA20.
Thank you

1 Like

Bore da Sionned. Dwi newydd ddechra dysgu Cymraeg. Un dydd. Pedwar gwersau. Dwiā€™n mwynhau dysgu ond dwiā€™n meddwl bo fi angen siarad mwy.

So please add me to the map!!! Connahs Quay Wales. Postcode CH5 4NA.

Diolch yn fawr.

2 Likes

Diolch for signing the petition!! It will be all we can do to save the BBC, so S4C needs all the help it can get!!

Please add me to the map. Jacksonville, Florida USA. 32207.

Diolch!

2 Likes

Hello Sionned, Please add me to the map. Dw iā€™n byw yn Seattle, Washington, USA/UDA (post code 98144) Diolch!

2 Likes

Hi Sionned, please could you add me to the map: Wanstead, London, E11. Diolch yn fawr.
C

2 Likes

Hi Sionned,

Can you add me to the map? I am in Laekir, 105 ReykjavĆ­k, Iceland - the only person in the country by the looks of it!

Diolch :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ooh, lovely to have someone learning in Iceland! :sunny:

Youā€™d better watch out, though, or some of our other learners whoā€™ve been muttering about trying to learn Icelandic may well try and demand you do some language swaps with themā€¦:wink:

3 Likes

The Spinnersā€™ version of The Ellen Vannin Tragedy is still one of my favourite songs. I have sung this as a a duet and as part of a trio during ā€œDeck & Focscleā€ (shanty group) gigs.

Me for onešŸ˜€

Itā€™s a fine song indeed, and a very sad story as well of course. For many years it was an annual event to sing this song in our school in December. The Manx Fishermanā€™s Evening Hymn is very beautiful too - might go down well in a shanty session for a slower paced number. There is also another Ellan Vannin song, sometimes seen as an alternative national anthem - again a gentle pace. It includes references to the sea. Oh - and ā€˜King of the Seaā€™ (Herring Boys) is fun.

Hi Sionned,

Please can you add me to the map. Iā€™m In Ffarmers, Lampeter.

Diolch,

Carys Aldous-Hughes

2 Likes

Hi
Can you move me from longbridge
To Kidderminster please

Wyt tiā€™n gallu I symud i fi o longbridge i Kidderminster os gwelwch yn dda.

Please feel free to correct the Welsh

Diolch

2 Likes

could you add me please, Penygarnedd, SY10 0AN
Diolch

2 Likes

Hello Sionned! Thank you for maintaining the map. Please add me to the map, I live on Robins Air Force Base, in Warner Robins, Georgia, United States.

Diolch,
Morgan

2 Likes

Bore da pawb. Sionned, could you add me to the map please? Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2LF.

Diolch

Kim

2 Likes

Helo Sionned!
Could you add me to the map, please?
I live in Mexico City ZIPCode 54190
(I was so happy to see at least 2 students in my whole country LOL )
Diolch!

2 Likes

Ooh, lovely to have a learner in Mexico City! A very warm welcome to the forumā€¦ :slight_smile: Why are you learning Welsh?

1 Like

helo Aran! :smile: well, thatā€™s a bit uncommon I guess :slight_smile: itā€™s quite simple really, Iā€™m a passionate whovian and as you may know there are plenty of welsh characters there, and when I heard the name ā€œRhysā€ I really liked the way it sounded. later on I learned there was a Welsh course in Doulingo and then I found say something in welsh :wink: I found it to be a very warm place to learn! Iā€™m in love for the male voice in south SSIW course <3 haha. Iā€™m only a begginer but Iā€™ll try my best to learn this lovely language, thanks for share it with people like me, so far away!
keep the good work!
Diolch!

4 Likes