The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Croeso @ryanshelton If you have come across S4C, Welsh language TV on line in US and want the service to get no worse, please consider signing the petition I shall send you an invite to!! Diolch yn fawr.
Edit! Diolch! @ryanshelton Anonymous, but there!!!

Bore da!
Could you please add me to the map? I am in Syracuse, New York, USA.
Diolch!

1 Like

Hi neighbor (@danielleallyn). Iā€™m in Sherman Oaks.

You make me wish I was learning Welsh, but Iā€™m actually here for the Cornish! Give me two years and Iā€™ll incorporate Welsh to my Spanish, Cornish, Irish rotationā€¦

Nevertheless, if you ever want to coffee shop study or talk across each other in Welsh-Cornish, Iā€™m a half mile away. Email me at Jen Mercede at Gmail dot com. If you like, I will inquire at the Celtics Arts Center if anyone there speaks Welsh.

-Jen
[Andalula]
@Xennifur [Skype]

1 Like

Hi @sinned,

Is the map for Welsh learners only?

If not, can you add me as a Cornish learner? That is, if there a way to classify people.

Iā€™m also a paid Spanish learner, but not at a loss for folks to practice with en EspaƱol - just lazy.

My forum name is Andalula. Real name Jen.
Skype is Xennifur.

Iā€™m in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles), CA, US.

Thank you for all the work. Itā€™s much appreciated.

At the moment, yes, Iā€™m afraid - if we reach the point of being able to automate the map tool, weā€™ll be able to offer maps for other languages, but for the time being posting in the ā€˜Other languagesā€™ section is probably the best way to try and track down other Cornish learners on the forumā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hello there. Please could you add me to the map, Sionned? Iā€™m in Greenfield CH8 7QW. Diolch :blush:

1 Like

I think you are outside Wales, so am sending you an invite to sign a petition for decent funding for S4C Welsh language TV,!
Croeso to the Forum.

Actually, Henddraig, she is right by Holywell in North Wales. And welcome to her!!

1 Like

Thatā€™ll teach me to jump to conclusions about post codes!!

The neighbouring ā€œSYā€ area is also a good one. It reaches into the Midlands and all the way down to our SA (Swansea area).

I should have checked! I am in Argyll, We have a PA code which is mainly in Paisley and delivery drivers get very confused. I think SatNav has helped! And Gower, where I used to live, is SA and I know it stretches into Sir Caerfyrddin!
Edit: 18/11 - I have just found out that SA includes Llandysul! Crazy!! I thought codes were supposed to give a hint where you were, originally! Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t just make the whole of Wales WA and add bits to that!!
:angry: :imp:

1 Like

Did you know that in Google Maps you can put a postcode into the search bar for a map and it will show you where it is? Works best when you have the whole post code, of course, because the less you have of it, the greater the area it covers.

3 Likes

No diolch yn fawr!

1 Like

Hi, just wondering how to get added to the map and how to find other learners in my city (donā€™t see any meet ups here in Perth, Aus) or people to talk with in skype or in personā€¦Iā€™m trying to push myself, Iā€™m a bit socially anxious sometimes, even with posting here on the forum, but I know I need to get social to get better at speaking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Croeso Emilie, you picked the right thread! Iā€™m sure @Sionned will add you to the map as soon as she sees your posting! I have sent you an invite to sign the petition for better funding for the only Welsh Language TV channel in the world, available in Australia over the internet as S4C International.
There are lots of Australians on the Forum. As I am in Yr Alban (Scotland), Iā€™m afraid I am no use to you - the nearest Perth to me isnā€™t yours!! But if you click on the magnifying glass/large letter Q at the top of the page you can search for Australia!! @Stevo is certainly in the country, but I donā€™t think heā€™s in Perth!

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll have a search. Iā€™ve signed the petition already, I love S4C, nearly everyday Iā€™m online watching something (especially have to keep up with Pobol y Cwm) Iā€™m sure we all would be upset to see funding cut

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr!

A very warm welcome to the forum, Emilie! :slight_smile: Well done on pushing yourself - and the more you do, the more lovely people youā€™ll meet in hereā€¦ :star2:

Iā€™m from Tralee in County Kerry, so not too far from the Kilgarvan poster I saw on the map!

2 Likes

Croeso Paul. Have I asked you to sign the petition for S4C funding? If so, sorry for repeat - am sending invite to sign in case I havenā€™t!