The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Diolch @henddraig The photo was taken on Harlech beach. The town hall square in Leicester sometimes has a pretend beach but canā€™t compete with permanent beaches!

2 Likes

Hi @Sionned. Iā€™ve just joined the forum even though Iā€™ve been learning for almost 18 months. Please could you add me to the map. Im in Flint, North Wales.

4 Likes

Hi there,

Can you please add me to the map. Iā€™m in Winchendon, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant of the Milky Way, Universe 2B.

Diolch,
Dylan

2 Likes

Hello @Sionned

I was previously registered in the following postcode CF39 9AD.

Could I please be moved to SY23 1LZ as Iā€™ve just moved in this week :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Lucky you! More chances to speak welsh everyday! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why oh why is virtually all, if not all, of Ceredigion labelled as in Shrewsbury, England? It is just plain wrong!

1 Like

Because postal codes are for the convenience of the post office in delivering the post, and are not divided up along regional boundaries such as counties, unitary authorities, or countries.

The post office is not saying that Aberystwyth ā€œbelongs toā€ Shrewsbury in any political sense - the SY postal code presumably just indicates that post to Aber is most conveniently processed by some postal building associated with Shrewsbury.

2 Likes

Hi. Can you add me to the map, please? SY17 5BB :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look, @tatjana, here is @hilary! Maybe youā€™d like to join in a Skype group, Hilary? All of you who toiled in the prison- I mean cottage - will be very welcome here on the Forum. Big Q on top like letā€™s you search! Croeso!

3 Likes

Never used Skype before, @henddraig, but maybe itā€™s time to give it a go. Iā€™ll have to see if my creaky olā€™ computer would be up to it :laughing:

3 Likes

@tatjana, @ramblingjohn and maybe @Pete2 may help. I am still definitely a Skype beginner!

1 Like

@henddraig Iā€™m sorry, I canā€™t put @hilary on the map, but @Sionned can so Iā€™m tagging her to drew her attention to that. :slight_smile:

YAY!

This would definately be great!

Itā€™s not that hard and I believe almost every (not too old though) computer would cope with it.

2 Likes

Sorry, it was Skype I was hoping you could help with, not the map!

1 Like

Iā€™m okay with using Sype @henddraig (Iā€™m a techy, when the mood takes me :smiley:) , itā€™s just something Iā€™ve never bothered using before.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly sure she has the thread marked so that she gets a notification whenever it changes :slight_smile:

Ah yes, she says so in The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread .

1 Like

I know, but technics plays trick sometimes so you never know. Better twice then never at all. :slight_smile:

Hi @tatjana, Iā€™ve been added to the map, okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Thx. :slight_smile:

Hi Tatjana, you have helped me before so Iā€™m asking for help againā€¦I would like to contact someone I can see on the Map, who is in Sydney Australia, to see if she would like to meet up sometime when I visit, for a Welsh chat. I can see her name but donā€™t know how to send her a personal message. How do I find her on the forum and how can I send her a personal message? She is called Beth Cambridge and she lives very close to my son, according to the map of SSiWers. Diolch Tatjana, unwaith eto!
Kate

Iā€™m not Tatjana, but perhaps I can help, too.

sionned wrote a while back:

ā€œBeth Cambridgeā€ may be a name from the old forum - at least, I canā€™t find her here.

For reference, you can search for someone by using the magnifying glass icon in the top red bar of the forum, then typing in someoneā€™s username.

The search will show forum threads at the top and users at the bottom ā€“ for example, if I type in ā€œkateā€ then I see ā€œKateF, Kate23, kateblair, kategarrett, katewakefieldā€ and a link to show more which would eventually find you @katerobertson.

But searching for ā€œBeth Cambridgeā€ only brings up this thread, and when I search for ā€œbethā€ I donā€™t see anything that immediately jumps out at me.

1 Like