The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Sorry @katerobertson, Iā€™m not @tatjana either, but putting Forum names in a post means the person gets told about the message, so, if Tatjana can help, at least now sheā€™ll know you are asking! To name, for example, me, you start with @ a few options may pop up at that stage and if Iā€™m one, you simply select my name, If Iā€™m not there start @he and eventually you will see @henddraig and click on it. It will show up slightly differently in your finished post, signifying a Forum name! Hope you find your Beth. @Sionned may have a notion! Always ask on the Forum. A lot of folk like Tatjana like to help if they can!

2 Likes

Hi Sionned, please can you add me to the map: CR0 4LT (UK). This course is proving to be quite amazing (I am only up to level 1:13 south) but itā€™s fun and producing useful results. Thanks Andy

2 Likes

Hi @katerobertson. Iā€™m glad I could help once and I surely will try to help you again, however @philipnewton has written more or less what Iā€™d had in mind.

At the moment Iā€™m at work so canā€™t put more efort to go more deeply into the search but will try to do something at the evening when I come home if itā€™s still OK.

Thank you @philipnewton and @henddraig for jumping in.

Hwyl for now. See you at the evening.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many thanks, Tatjana - Iā€™m very grateful for your help, and also philipnewton and henddraig. Hwyl am y troā€¦

2 Likes

Well, unfortunately Beth Cambridge was the member of the old forum. I found the thread in which she has written however I really canā€™t find her here. So the only option now is if anyone knows her in person and sheā€™s still with us (as a member of the site, not forum) to kindly ask her if sheā€™d somehow get in touch with @katerobertson. @elizabeth_jane or @Karla by some chance maybe??? They are both ā€œold membersā€ so they might know her.

Hope this helps in a way. More I unfortunately can not do.

Hwyl
Tatjana

2 Likes

Diolch Tatjana, we are so fortunate to have you on the Forum to help us with these kinds of things. We will see what happens - perhaps I will go to a SSiW meet up in Sydney while Iā€™m there, Iā€™ll do some research. There is a Sydney Welsh group, I know, because some friends from Aberhonddu were recently over there and went to a brilliant concert organised by them.
Hwyl,
Kate

2 Likes

This can be the beginning. If not finding Beth, there you already will find other kind people to practice with and potentionally make friends with. :slight_smile:

And youā€™re (all) always very welcome. No problem if I know how to help. If not Iā€™d sadly have to admit that too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, unfortunately I donā€™t know her. Iā€™m not in Sydney - I live in Melbourne, but @katerobertson, if youā€™re ever down here, get in touch and we can have a chat!

2 Likes

Sorry. I donā€™t know Beth Cambridge. To my knowledge she has never been part of our group chats

1 Like

Please add me to the map. I am at CF72 8QW

2 Likes

Helo @Sionned! I would appreciate it greatly if you could very kindly add me to the map please. I live in Mexico City CP 53040. Diolch yn fawr!

2 Likes

Thank you @karla I appreciate your support! Daughter-in-lawā€™s mum is in Melbourne, so who knows, we might visit one dayā€¦

1 Like

Hi Sionned,
Could you please move my pin. I am listed as smaberly and my pin is currently over by Bodnant Garden (Eglwysbach) in North Wales. I have moved to Dwygyfylchi (6 Gwynan Park, LL346RP), Conwy, in Wales. Thank-you
Sandy Maberly

2 Likes

Bore da Sioned,
Can you please add me to the world map? I live in the south of Sweden. If you zoom in you will eventually find to place names rather close to each other, namely VƤxjƶ and VƤrnamo. If you zoom in a little further you will find Rydaholm right in-between those two places and that is where I live.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Hello! Can you please add me to the map? I live in West Boylston, Massachusetts (USA). Itā€™s near Worcester. Diolch!

2 Likes

Croeso to the Forum! Diolch yn fawr for signing the S4C petition! I am the perpetrator of that and keep an eye on signings! I do hope you get useful help with your Welsh from S4C International.
On here, if you want to attract the attention of a particular person, like Aran or Iestyn, start with @ and youā€™ll see possible names pop up. If the one you want isnā€™t there, start typing the name @he and when you see the whole name, click on it. It will come into your posting looking a little different from the rest and acts as a tag! Like @henddraig or @aran!
If you are responding to something, you can select it from the posting like:

And you can reply to more than one posting at the same time! (as long as they are in the same thread!)

@tatjana in Slovenia is very helpful with techie things and a sweet person who will not mind me using her as an example!
All the best to you and lwc dda with your learning from an aged dragon in exile in Scotland!

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œPoptyPinkFflamingo, post:377, topic:1118ā€]
I live in West Boylston, Massachusetts (USA). Itā€™s near Worcester.[/quote]
Also near what looks like a nice big lake (reservoir). Lovely area!

2 Likes

Oh, it was pointed out to me recently that our marker on the map is still in Mynytho - but weā€™re now in Carmel, about 4 miles south of Caernarfonā€¦ :star: :star2:

2 Likes

Oh, good catch. You had said ā€œnear Caernarfonā€ but I wasnā€™t quite sure what that meant. All fixed now! (Of course, feel free to suggest an adjustment to specific location.)

1 Like

Hah! Indeed, itā€™s a pretty average small town for central Mass but we did get the main part of the reservoir. Some nice trails there and therefore many dogs. Excellent.

1 Like