The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Please add me to the mapā€¦
WR15 8QHā€¦middle of nowhereā€¦:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi, would you mind adding me to the map too please. Iā€™m in Llanfairfechan, LL33 0SU, and on the 6-month course.
Thanks,
Sam

4 Likes

Halfway between Tenburty Wells and Bromyard and close to Stoke Bliss? Nowhere has shifted its borders recently, obviously!

Please add me to the ssiw map, I live in Llay, Wrexham, North Wales LL12 0LP, and am on the 6 month course. Thank you

1 Like

Do you live near?

No, sadly. I used to live in Church Stretton, so I can imagine that midwinter, it can feel like the middle of nowhere if youā€™re reliant on farmers clearing roads of heavy snowdrifts, but surely by May and June you are starting to get the tourists who brave their way a little beyond the Elgar Trail?

I now live in Oldbury, Sandwell, Black Country nr Brum.

2 Likes

Recently moved here from Cheltenham wayā€¦so it does feel remote to meā€¦but closer to Walesā€¦:+1:
Donā€™t see many/any tourists reallyā€¦

Ah, well, by comparison with Cheltenham, I can now understand your viewpoint!

I suppose even a group in Ludlow (if there is/were one) would be a bit of a trekā€¦ I have been enjoying being on the 6 month course for the hangouts, as there isnā€™t a lot of Welsh spoken in my environs either, which can feel like the middle of nowhere socially, at times.

Have you investigated this:

https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/welsh-speaking-practice

Good luck finding Welsh-speaking connection, Mike, I am sure you will find some opportunity soon.
Lorna

1 Like

Hi Lorna,
Been making the trek over to Great Malvern when I can for their Thursday meet upsā€¦all really nice people
And one from my home town of Bridgendā€¦Hiraethā€¦

1 Like

Hello Sionned,
Could you add me to the map please. Iā€™m in Defynnog, Powys.
Many thanks,
Owen

4 Likes

Wow! Sixteen more people added to the map. Gwych! Iā€™m back now, so keep em coming.

5 Likes

Hi there - could you please add me as well?
I live in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Thanks!

4 Likes

You can add me if you want. Iā€™m in Glastonbury, Somerset, England.

3 Likes

Oooh! Hello from Glastonbury!

1 Like

Hi, could you add postcode Basingstoke, RG22 6SH to the map please?. Iā€™m recognising quite a few fellow 6mws Slack users on this thread now :slight_smile:

Thanks

Vikta

4 Likes

Hello right back at you :wave:

3 Likes

On iā€™n byw yn aber ar bwys y llew du, ond rŵan dw iā€™n byw yn ynys MĆ“n :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rachel - if youā€™ve moved, let me know where to move your marker to. Thanks!