The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

@Sionned: Helo Sionned, may I request you to put me on the map? I will be in SA48 8DY until the 5th of March only, maybe it makes more sense if you put my home address in - then you wonā€™t have to change it again in a few weeksā€¦ my home address is 47475 Kamp-Lintfort, Germany.

Diolch yn fawr!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ā€¦ andā€¦ how can I contact people near me??? Is there any chance to find out if they are still ā€œactiveā€? :slight_smile: Diolch!

1 Like

@Ingrid.L - All the names on the map are ā€œforumā€ names. Weā€™ve been expanding and expanding the map for years so, as you might guess, some of the people are no longer active on the forum. To find out, when you look at an area of the map with markers, you can click on any marker and a flag will pop up with, at least, a name in bold at the top. (Sometimes thereā€™s also more information.) Copy that name (exactly) and then go to the forum and click on the magnifying glass up near the right corner. Thatā€™s the search function. Put that name that you copied into the search. If the person is still here, the name will show up at the bottom of the results list. Click on it there and youā€™ll get to that personā€™s profile. From there you can send a direct message to that person. If the name doesnā€™t show up in the list, it is probably an old name from the old forum of someone who has since left. Hope that helps. Try it out with your own forum name.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to be added to the map too. Iā€™m in Gwaelod-y-Garth, CF15 9HZ

3 Likes

I didnā€™t think to give a post code. Iā€™m SA7 9EX. Sorry.

1 Like

A post code is absolutely not necessary. It might get you closer to where you actually are, at least in Britain. Or it might try to put you out in the middle of a farm field, as this one did, though to be fair, it is the field at the end of your road (I think).

Anyone who has asked for a marker (to this point) is on the map(s). If you look for your marker and would like it relocated some, even if it is just something like ā€œmove it two houses west,ā€ just let me know.

2 Likes

Please add me to the map ,I live near Mold in north wales

2 Likes

I sent Sionned a message three days ago to ask her to add me to the SSIW map but still havenā€™t got a reply. I do struggle with this forum too so I may be doing it wrong. I live in Henllan, Llandysul. Iā€™m enjoying the course so far but would like to connect with some others locally who are also just beginning the 2 year course.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr, Sionned

1 Like

@diane-mathias - I put a marker on the map for you the day you set me a message. I donā€™t normally respond to each request (because there are too many), but I do always ā€œlikeā€ (heart) the post or message where the person asked to be on the map. Take a look at the map - youā€™ll find a marker with your name on it in Henllan. Iā€™m sorry if you thought I was ignoring you! I really wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Thank you very much Sionned.

2 Likes

And Sionned does all of this - one of the most endlessly fascinating parts of SSiW - out of the kindness of her heartā€¦ :slight_smile: :star: :star2: :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you for putting me on, Sionned. That field is at the end of my road, as you said, but it appears to be right in the middle of the road now anyway, so thanks for that. Itā€™s fascinating looking at all the martkers on the maps.

1 Like

Please add me to the map. Iā€™m in Medford, Massachusetts, zip code 02155 (just outside Boston). Diolch! : )

3 Likes

Wow! I have friends who live in Medford . . .

2 Likes

Sounds like a good excuse to visit your friends ā€¦ and arrange a Welsh chat over coffee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, at 1000 miles away, I think it not very likely any time soon.

2 Likes

Change of location.

Iā€™ve moved back to Belgium from Spain. Please remove my marker, pointing to Guardamar del Segura, and add a new one for Destelbergen (near Gent), postcode 9070.

Diolch.

2 Likes

I take it your forum name has changed as well?

1 Like

Helo! May I be added to the map, please? Iā€™m in the U.S., Cleveland, OH, specifically West Park.
Diolch am eich help!
My zip code is 44111 if that helps.

2 Likes