The Saturday at Noon, Zoom!

Sat 26th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

Intro - if you want

If you are new everyone will be totally supportive - we are all learners - or first language speakers who are there to learn and help. There is no pressure but if you want to say something people are usually very interested in a sentence or two about how far you’ve got…eg:

• I’ve been learning for x weeks/ months…?
  • I’m learning challenge x
  • I live in z
  • I want to learn Welsh because…

Other ideas for those who want to say more…

• I have been doing the north or south course
  • At the moment I am…eg…reading, watching TV. Listening to the radio, doing classes, other
  • give examples if you want

Tell us about…

(Wow, there were some incredible competition stories last week - amazing !…:grin:)

This week how about a Recipe: :thinking:

• for food … favourite cake or dish perhaps? :cake:
  • for a happy life ? :crazy_face:
  • a successful football tournament! :trophy:
  • something else - surprise us!

One sentence, ten, or, as many as you like - the floor is yours! :dancer::man_dancing:As usual, it’s all for practice so you can make the whole thing up to suit your practice needs. :snowboarder:

…and, if there is any time left…

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

…see if you can find one which works in Welsh.

Rich :slight_smile:

Sat 3rd at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

Tell us about…

… one or more of the following:

• Favourite Animal …pet and /or wild animal - why? - or an animal story
  • Favourite Tree or plant - wild and / or in the garden - why? - or a tree/ plant story
  • Favourite Food - home made or eaten out

One sentence, ten, or, as many as you like - the floor is yours! As usual, it’s all for practice so you can make the whole thing up to suit your practice needs.

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 10th at Noon

Topic…

Give us an idea, or two (or a full manifesto!):

• If I ruled the world I would…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

One sentence, ten, or, as many as you like - the floor is yours! As usual, it’s all for practice so you can make the whole thing up to suit your practice needs.

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 17th at Noon

….thanks once again for the topic suggestions that have come in this week - keep them flowing if you have any suggestions!

Topic…

The things that trip you up in Welsh! :slightly_smiling_face:…could simply be a word you can never say - could be something you can never remember - or a type of thing - a tense or numbers etc etc etc

And, if you can, announce them in reverse order :face_with_hand_over_mouth: - 3rd place, 2nd place, first place - for some ordinal number practice.

Please give examples!! :grin: (if you can)

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 24th at Noon

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic…

• I’ve a small challenge for those of you who were with us last week and described things that trip you up in Welsh…are you able to give a short and simple description this week of how one of those things is supposed to work (in Welsh)! :slightly_smiling_face:

• if you weren’t there last week you could still do the above if you are happy to pick it up and run with it…tell us the thing and how it should work

• Alternatively, you could say what would be in your Room 101 (something you absolutely hate)

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 31st at Noon

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the examples below…

Topic…

I really like this suggestion - the answers should be interesting…

• What gift and/ or advice would you give to someone who is just about to start learning Welsh?

• Feel free if you want to add something to the ‘things that trip you up in Welsh’ thread…or describing ‘how those things should work’ - which is a great way of sorting it out in your head :thinking:

• …or of course what would be in your Room 101 (something you absolutely hate)

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

1 Like

Helo,
Is this 12PM UK time? I am five hours behind, so that would be 7AM for me.
Please advise.
Diolch!

1 Like

Hi @jenirizio-1

Yes that’s correct…we have someone else who joins who is 5 hours behind - fairly early but do-able :grin:

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sat 7th at Noon

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the examples below…

Topic…

Tell us about one or more of:

• Do you have a bucket list - what have you done/ not done on the list?..

• Something you can recommend coming out of Wales eg cheese, book, artist, music - anything…something you haven’t got round to trying eg…list above!..

• …or contribute to a recent topic: what would be in your Room 101 (something you absolutely hate): what trips you up in Welsh?; what advice/ gift would you give to someone just starting to learn Welsh?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 14th at Noon

Topic…

• If you were going to learn something else in the future (I.e. apart from Welsh :thinking:) what would it be? :thinking:

…you could use this to practice the conditional if you want (or not)…there could be one answer or many - your choice!

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 21st at Noon

Topic…

There has been quite a bit of conversation about exams/ qualifications this week, so this fits well:

• What will be your next exam or qualification of whatever sort? :thinking: (You could practice the conditional here again if you want!)

• What was your last, favourite, least favourite, significant or enjoyable qualifaction? You choose - one answer or multiple answers - it’s up to you…

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Thank you. 7am is too early for this night owl, however I would consider chats held later in the day.

1 Like

Sat 28th at Noon

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the example below…

Topic…

• Who is your oldest friend and how do you know them?

• Tell us a bit about them / how often you meet up - whatever you like.

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 4th at Noon

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the example below…

Topic…

• What have you never done? :thinking:

• …you may interpret the question and answer in any way you choose! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

• Single, short, simple - or multiple in-depth - answers - anything goes :grin:

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Hello! I would like to join!
How long does the sgwrs at noon usually last?

1 Like

Hi @Sillytech

It lasts an hour or so… I’ll send you the zoom invite by private message!

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Sat 11th at Noon

Topic…

• Summarise a book you have read - English or Welsh - in five sentences or less…with a couple of options

• A:…you could choose a famous story/ tale and ask people to guess the title from the description ! :thinking:

• B:…say what it is (potential spoiler alert - as appropriate) before giving your taster / intro / description - would you recommend?..score out of ten?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 18th at Noon

Topic…

A Yes/ no game…

• Come with three simple questions - which provoke an initial yes/ no answer (… in different tenses - if you can? :thinking:)

• Ask your questions to someone who hasn’t had a turn yet

• Everyone will try to say yes or no - in the correct tense! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:…and, if you want / can, expand on your answer with a sentence or two…:thinking: Then it’s your turn !

• E.g.: Do you have a garden? Did you learn Welsh at school? Will you go on holiday this year?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 25th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:….

if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the example below…

Topic…

Holidays…

• What sort of place do you prefer to go on your holidays? - the seaside, the countryside, a historical town or city - self contained, package, all in(!), here or abroad? Something completely different?

• What do you prefer to do on your holidays - sunbathe, swim, eat in nice restaurants, go on lots of trips, walk in the mountains.- something else?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

3 Likes

Can I please get the link for the next one?
Diolch @rich
Jen

1 Like