The Saturday at Noon, Zoom!

Hi @jenirizio-1

Yes, of course - I’ll send it you via private message now…

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Got it – thanks!

Sat 2nd at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:….

if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the example below…

Topic…

Would I Lie To you?! (sort of)

• Tell us three things about yourself - only one of which is true! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ( These can be very simple things of course)

• Pick someone who hasn’t had a turn - tell them your facts - they can ask you three simple questions before guessing which is true - then it’s their turn!

…and, if there is any time left…

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

…see if you can find one which works in Welsh.

Rich :slight_smile:

Hwyl, I’d love the link please. Ta, Jenny

2 Likes

Hi @jennifer-thomas-1

I’ve sent you the zoom invite via Private Message - let me know if you’ve got it (or not),

Diolch Rich - yep I’m friends with zoom, see you tomorrow

2 Likes

Oh goodness, new daylight savings time means that will be late at night for me but let’s see how I go huh? (Dw i’n beau o Melbourne)

2 Likes

Sat 16th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:….

Topic…

Its learners week - time for the train to leave the station again! :grin:

So ‘all aboard’…say whatever you can - a sentence…or two…or three - about learning Welsh.

• How long have you been learning Welsh? Are you happy with what you can say? What’s do you want or need to do next?

• For those who are more confident - if you are able to say more - and want to (!) - please do. Eg what things have you tried? - reading, listening to the radio, watching TV, classes? What things do you like? What things work for you/ don’t? What would you like to be able to do?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Sat 16th at Noon

Topic…

Its learners week - time for the train to leave the station again! :grin:

So ‘all aboard’…say whatever you can - a sentence…or two…or three - about learning Welsh .

• How long have you been learning Welsh? Are you happy with what you can say? What’s do you want or need to do next?

• For those who are more confident - if you are able to say more - and want to (!) - please do. Eg what things have you tried? - reading, listening to the radio, watching TV, classes? What things do you like? What things work for you/ don’t? What would you like to be able to do?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

1 Like

Diolch. I am sorry I am late in replying. Are the Zoom details the same as last time? And is it Noon UK time? That would be 7AM for me. Please advise. Thanks!

Yes Jen, the zoom details are the same and it’s noon UK time.

1 Like

Sat 23rd at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

A variation on the Yes/ no game which was popular …this time come with a simple question which has a yes/ no answer…e.g. Do you eat cheese? Did you go on holiday last year? :thinking:

Everyone will try to answer Yes or No in the right tense…and try to expand on the answer e.g. Yes, but I hated it as a child. No, I was going to Wales but it was cancelled

The Twist

The person who is going to answer the question can request a tense! This might actually be to make it simpler to answer eg a tense that they know - or to give questioner the challenge of changing it. :grin:

Nitty Gritty …(Same as usual)

• Pick someone to answer your question (who hasn’t had a turn yet)

• Ask what tense they want / agree tense…ask them question - they answer

• Then it’s their turn !

What’s happening …?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 30th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

Tell us about someone who is either a hero or heroine of yours, or someone you admire.

• tell us who it is …or…

• …if you are happy to say more, please do - eg in what way do you admire them (for what) - how did you came to know about them

…and…

If there’s time…

• What do you think about Halloween? What will you do?

• Last week- next week: What’s happening with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

Oes link gyda ti am y ccwrdd plis Rich?

Roedd yn braf dy weld di John.

It was great to see you!

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Diolch, Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich how do I get involved in future events?

1 Like

Hi @rob-milligan

I’ll send you a zoom link via PM now.

Sat 6th at Noon

Topic

Show n Tell - it’s been ages! :grin:

• Bring an object to show us…

• …tell us about it/ why you’ve chosen it

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 13th at Noon

Topic

Carys is in the chair this week! :dancer: :tada: Same link as usual.

• Where would you like to go next year - if it’s possible - and why?

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish