The SSi Growth Club

Hehe … no problem! :slight_smile:

Yup, that’s why reporting on here is so important for me - for the sake of me and the others who might be up to do the same and look puzzled upon what’s happening …

I’d know to complain to @Kinetic right away of course, but others wouldn’t.

(Now if this stupid code of mine would bother to work, I’d be happy like a little squirrel.)

2 Likes

@Kinetic, sorry to bother, but did yuo forget about me?

1 Like

Oops :blush: I may have become slightly distracted yesterday with frustratingly-complicated workings-out for our course creation tool… sorry!

Anyway, you’re exactly correct - you would have had to wait until the 18th November for the resubscribe option to reappear. I’ll need to sort out the interface for this soon… but to address your problem immediately, here’s what I’ve just done:

I reactivated your subscription and upgraded it to the £20 option. This will take immediate effect on the website - i.e. you should be able to see the extra content immediately - however no extra money will be taken until your next billing date (the 18th), from which point onward the payment will be £20 per month.

If this is what you want, then you don’t have to do anything else. But if you’d like me to do something different, you have another week before the next payment to let me know what that is, and you still get to access the extra content in the meantime.

Thanks again, and let me know if this is okay! :star:

3 Likes

This is exactly what I wanted! Diolch o galon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A diolch o galon i ti, Tatjana :star: :star2:

And meanwhile - ahem, about a week and a half after when I’d planned! - a new Growth Club recording is up - with Catrin doing the questions this time round…

And then we should have another for you tomorrow… :sunny:

5 Likes

Wps! Forgot to tell you yesterday that there’s a new Growth Club recording/transcription up and waiting for you… hope you enjoy it!.. :sunny:

5 Likes

9th or is there one more new?

OK. I can go and check also, though … :slight_smile:

9 was new, wasn’t it? I’ve lost track a little bit… :sunny:

Yes, and I’ve found it before you told us. I was sneeking around Growth Club content site 2 days ago when driving by bus. - hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Session 10 up and waiting… :fireworks:

6 Likes

I have to say that I’m really enjoying the sqwrsiau, as much as anything for the gentle cadence of the conversation which makes a change from a lot of Radio Cymru output that is most of the Welsh I hear in a usual week.

It’s also been a bit of a shock in a way as it’s caused me to realise how flaky my Welsh is even after 5 years or so. For some reason, listening to this has made me listen more critically to myself with uncomfortable results. At one point I was thinking maybe I really shouldn’t be doing this but I’m a long way in and can’t stop. The sgwrs is an excellent language learning tool even though or maybe because it can introduce a bit of pain but it’s got me thinking I must sort myself out!
Thanks again it’s all good stuff

2 Likes

I believe everyone of us at least once encountered that point. I did many of them like this though and I’m learning the language intensively for about 3 (or so) years but saying to myself exactly as you did (I came too long way to acheave even this) I won’t stop even if I could at one point. So, please, don’t even reconsidder the thought of stopping now.

Then I have to sort myself out even more … :slight_smile:

Pob lwc a dal ati!

3 Likes

Really delighted to hear that it’s helping you, Andy! And thank you so much for your support… :star: :star2:

I beg to differ, with due respect!

2 Likes

Typically very (over)generous ! What I was trying to describe is the temporary (hopefully) disheartening feeling you get when you realise the size of the gap. It’s followed me throughout my musical life. What usually happens next is the thought, 'hang on, I can see how that works, I’ll try xyz etc. ) That often leads to a leap forward which is why I think the sgwrsiau are such a valuable learning tool. I’m going through this process again as my mate has just chucked a manusciript on Deleuze and meta-ethics at me. Aaaaaaaarrrghhh! :grinning:

2 Likes

We’ll have Level 3 ready for you next year, and then we’ll be on to the big 4k project… that should help you crack it… :sunny:

4 Likes

Gwych, diolch!The big thing I’m hoping to crack is a getting a more natural conversational style. So, that’s why the sgwrs sets such a great example.

You know the end of Anweledig’s Dawns y Glaw? I want to stop sounding like the woman announcer😀

2 Likes

??? (if I’m not too curious :slight_smile: )

:sunny:

8 Likes