The SSi Growth Club

Oooo, yes, I did … :slight_smile:

Sorry the day here is so terribly dull with all those clouds on the sky and no sun I just had to cheer up the mood a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It couldn’t possibly be the person I know because she has a green tail :innocent:

Hmmm … :slight_smile:

And just in the nick of time (you’ll see why!) this week’s new Growth Club recording and transcript is up and waiting for you - the joys of Jones Family ‘movie night’!

[Yes, my optimistic ‘do an extra one’ has rather been knocked on the head this week, but it’s still on my personal to-do list for next week…;-)]

3 Likes

Growth Club done - now, where’s the wine? It’s very good for you, apparently…

2 Likes

Here you go! Here’s wine, the best in Slovenia at the moment! Chiers!

3 Likes

It is waiting here for you in abundance - in San Giacomo.
French or Italian?
Silly question - BOTH, of course.
Red, white or sparkling?
Silly question - ALL THREE, of course!!

Justin

2 Likes

I don’t actually contribute to the growth club, but there is a bottle of cheap Syrah and co-op white waiting for you here. Along with a Black Tower and Blue Nun.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, No there isn’t. I seem to have just drunk them.
However, I will refrain from drinking the bottle of six hammers cider. That is all yours and yours alone! Iechyd da!

1 Like

Oops… (hic!)

2 Likes

Here you go @owainlurch! Another of best from my country! This one’s for you as you were the first ever person who had spoken with me yn Cymraeg! Chiers!

And this one is for all of you on this forum, including @aran! If I could I’d really share all this with you all! You are all my “Growth Club” putting in so much effort to help with learning encouraging those who need it, spreading good energies of SSiW

So you see Aran, here’s plenty of wine for all of us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr, Tatjana! I would say that was an honour, but a far more important thing was that it was a lot of fun :blush:

Sorry I couldn’t do more if it, but my times on Skype gave been incredibly sporadic at best. In fact I think I’ve spoken on Skype with you for longer than anyone else :blush:

1 Like

And I’ll keep an eye out for Slovenian wine from now on, to enjoy some of what looks like some lovely stuff!

1 Like

Oooo, ja … I can’t hold short chat, can I? But would love to have a chat Cymraeg now and then with you again now that I can speak far more then I did that time. :slight_smile:

And it is lovely. :slight_smile: I believe that one should be found there in UK too.

1 Like

Even if I didn’t understand absolutely everything it brought smile on my face … :slight_smile: Lovely conversation. Diolch.

Sometimes you’ve asked for suggestions about growth club sessions. Just a tentative one, and only if it might be fun for you, but I was wondering if you could maybe make one including one or both of the children? (And possibly even the ci bach?!) The puppy would be an obvious theme. Personally I love to hear kids speaking a language as you get another perspective of natural uninhibited speech. (And it’s cute!)

I hope it’s OK to suggest that - absolutely only if you think it would be a fun activity for you all,otherwise please ignore me!

2 Likes

Do we have a common mind or what? When hearing the last Growth Club session I had exactly the same in my mind. Thank you for suggesting this as I didn’t dare to … :slight_smile:

And that little “ci bach” … it’s really cute one …

Sorry if that was too cheeky or inappropriate… If so, just ignore…

Nooo. It was actually exactly my thought too, when listening to the conversation, but I didn’t dare to write that as I feel I’m not with SSi long enough to ask something like this. :slight_smile: Kids have their own way of talking which is always great to hear, but of course it’s Aran’s and Catrin’s deceision whether to go with that or not …

Hugely, hugely delighted to have suggestions (you should see us in the five minutes or so before we record - two blank faces looking at each other and ridiculing each other’s suggestions) - so diolch yn fawr iawn iawn for that.

I’ll give it a shot with Angharad Lliar, but we have a tough time of it getting her to talk in any kind of a ‘now say something’ scenario (phone calls to family, Skype, come and talk to your grandmother, etc etc)… but maybe we’ll be able to think of a way to bribe her… :sunny:

On the suggestions front - even if you don’t have a particular idea to suggest, it would be very, very helpful to hear what you thought of each week’s session - will help us fine tune and figure out which bits are most interesting/useful for you all… :sunny:

3 Likes