The SSi Growth Club

I think it’s very rare that people who have been in the Growth Club since the beginning won’t have had all the files - for new members, I think it’s okay in general that they start with a backlog of 10 (10 more than the first Growth Clubbers had!) and then get the same one per week…

Although if Tatjana is feeling kind enough to give someone the extra access, that’s fine by me too… :sunny:

2 Likes

It’s no problem as long as it’s OK by you and as long as it isn’t 500+ files we’re talking about - hehe :slight_smile:

But yes … I’d agree with you about 10 files back especially when there’d be more then 100 or so. It’s fine by me to give the access as long as I know people really are Growth Club members. However, I don’t want to interfear with business policy of the company though.

1 Like

+1 Totally agree! Angharad Lliar is very cute and speaks so well! Aran, please tell her she did a great job. Really helpful. Looking forward to more.

3 Likes

I’ve sent you a PM since @aran says it’s OK.

2 Likes

This week’s Growth Club content is up nice and early :scream:

But with a warning in advance for next week…:wink:

3 Likes

Ufff … what’s comming? Should we hide ourselves? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Tatjana,

I have a confession to make. I am learning Hebrew and Russian in addition to Welsh and have had to give Russian in particular priority - as Stella has been so very, very kind to help me. Which means - as I gently drop the bomb-shell - that I also need sessions 1-13 of the Growth Club recordings…

So now I am ready to give priority again to Welsh would you be so kind as to also send me the priceless recordings 1-13, with Aran’s permission, of course,

Justin

2 Likes

Justin, I can send you those. I feel somehow responsible for you having missed the Growth Club recordings. I have all of them, I think.

2 Likes

“Pa ja de …” No one is responsible …

If @seren didn’t send them to you yet, would the DropBox link be OK? If not tell me what do you prefer. I can sign any service of your desire (as long as it’s not too expensive to use - hehe) :slight_smile:

And confession of mine: I’m crawling through Russian vocab on Duolingo aswell and have established that alphabet is the easiest ever part for me … :slight_smile: And other confession: I’m reviving and practicing all those languages I once knew (except Serbo-Croatian which is as it would be native language to me) at least 5 minutes a day so yah … here we are. However, Cymraeg is still the main thing I’m doing as I do 2 or even 3 different sessions regarding Cymraeg anyway … The bus is my friend at the moment as I do almost everything when driving home … :slight_smile: (end of confession - :slight_smile: )

So sending you PM knowing you’re a faithful Growth Club member. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Just for all not to be puzzled. @aran says

Helo a chroeso i rifyn 23 o sgyrsiau Catrin ac Aran ar gyfer y Clwb Tyfu

but it actually is rifyn 24.

So, happy listening. I already did listen to it however I’ll be honest and say that I should do that one more time as I didn’t understand much of (let’s say) what’s comming next week. :slight_smile: No worries, I’ll figure it out for sure! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Stella - they are now in my dropbox. The only thing you are really responsible for is my love for the Russian language :pensive:

Justin

2 Likes

Hello.
I think I need some tech help please…when I switch over to the new format I don’t seem to be able to access the growth club content anymore. Is there a reason or a remedy for this please?
Thanks
Anne

Ouch - sorry! That shouldn’t be happening - I’m going to tag @kinetic in here - he should have a chance to check in at some point (although we haven’t yet found a way to force him to work over the weekend!..;-)).

When you click on ‘Challenges’ in the new design, what do you see in the pop-up window?

@AnneEvans it might be more the case you don’t know where to search for. Did you search here:

On PC

Or alternatively On Android

Who uses BETA tset Cymraeg app doesn’t get Growth Club content available through it though.

Oh, and you have to be sure you’re on the “Welsh” side of the things (values for PC, not apps of course) as sometimes site plays tricks and put you to Cornish for example. It happens to me many times.

I recall that @Kinetic has done a little something at the weekend at one point … (however I don’t know exactly when and at what occassion anymore). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah Ah!! Thank you very much Tatjana and Aran. Found it! No need to bother Kinetic at the weekend.
I really enjoy the 5 minutes of listening to Aran and Catrin each week. Inspirational!
I hope the house search is more successful than in this week’s episode Aran.
Diolch yn fawr eto.
Anne

1 Like

??

O boy … I said I didn’t get the thingy even a bit … :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. I knew exactly what the issue might be (probably because I’ve searched the first time puzzled through the menu too.) :slight_smile:

I suspect it may turn into a long-running sitcom…:wink:

3 Likes

Ahem…!

Sorry - we did actually record two sessions last Friday to catch up, and then got swallowed up by the weekend before I transcribed them!

So here’s the first, 25, up and ready for you - I’ll transcribe 26 on Monday, and then try and do a few more sessions at the tail end of the week before Bootcamp kicks off up here… :sunny:

3 Likes

I only hope that it surprises you as much as it surprises me that, despite being on Bootcamp, and stuck in the middle of lots of learners all talking far too much Welsh, I have nonetheless managed to get the transcripts done and the Growth Club stuff published! Yay!

Growth Club #26 up and waiting for you.

Of course, Bootcampers have heard every part of it about twenty times, as I tried to get the transcription done…:wink:

So if you have any questions about it, ask a Bootcamper (once they’re home and allowed to speak Welsh again)… :sunny:

1 Like

This part is cute . - hehe

Well, next theme should be about bootcamp (if it sin’t this one already since you’re there) I’m just running to the Growth Club site to grab the offered. :slight_smile:

Ohh, by the way: Any “perfect” music already in place at the bootcamp (since bootcampers promissed many instruments to bring with. :slight_smile: ) I’m all ears!

On the sirious note: Well done @aran! I didn’t expect any Growth Club content up for us to give hands on so I’m probably more (pleasantly) surprised it’s here.

Now back to the fun again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And we have a new Growth Club offering up and ready - which is indeed about Bootcamp… :sunny:

And we have another one in the can, so I should get that out early next week and be back to somewhere near catching-up…:wink:

3 Likes