The SSi Growth Club

Fab :sunny: :star2:

Once we know for sure it works neatly, it does look the simplest way.

1 Like

I’ll try it now and let you know how it works. :smile:

1 Like

Oh, fantastic. You’re worth the world (er, even though that sounds a little strange in English - it’s perfectly normal in Welsh, I promise!) :sunny: :star:

2 Likes

No problem - this course has honestly been amazing for me. I know I haven’t been here long, but I’ve found a stronger sense of community here than I have anywhere else in my life. So thank YOU for providing such a wonderful resource and forum!

I was able to upgrade successfully, by the way. :smile:

4 Likes

Yep, £20 subscription is working now. Hopefully I’ll be able to update to 50 next year.

1 Like

I do hope this is going to be real Welsh, and not Gog… :wink:
Done

8 Likes

Karla, that genuinely absolutely means the world to me. I can’t imagine life without this forum now, and to know that it’s reaching out and welcoming new members is just so, so important to me. And it’s always very clear that the people who feel most immediately at home here are the people with the most to offer, as well :star:

Susanna, does dim modd i mi ddiolch yn ddigon i ti :star2: :star:

I think you’ve managed to get that accidentally the wrong way round…:wink: :star:

7 Likes

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. :smile:

2 Likes

The growth club is a brilliant idea and I’m happy to be part of it :blush: I signed up for the £10 a month plan yesterday but I plan to upgrade once our finances allow!
I’ve been part of SSiW for 2 years and you have done so much for me, helping me achieve my dream of becoming a Welsh speaker :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Sarah! It’s a joy to hear that you’ve done so well, and I’m hugely grateful for your support :star: :star2:

[I can see already that I’m going to start to sound very repetitive on this thread, aren’t I?! Can anyone think of a clever way around that?..;-)]

2 Likes

I wish I could support SSiW beyond my current subscription, but that isn’t possible right now. I am so thankful that I found this fantastic method of learning and this amazing community of people. I hope you achieve every goal…I’ll be cheering you on from the sidelines!

4 Likes

Hmmmm … thinking … thinking …thinking …

Nah, nothing comes to my mind right now :slight_smile:

I also pondered thoughts which plan would I go with. I’d the most rather go with 100++++ but for now I believe I have to be a bit careful with my finanicals at the moment. I’ll go with 10 for now and when (I won’t say “if” deliberately) the time comes and I could be at least 50 % sure I can give more, I’ll go further on :arrow_up:

Oh, but … you never know … maybe one day I really hit that Eurojackpot and then … WOW! I rather won’t spread further but my plan is already set in my mind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure. Say it each time in another of the languages the growth club is going to help pay for :wink:

3 Likes

That’s such a kind wish - diolch o galon i ti! :sunny:

Odlično! :star2:

Quelle bonne idée! :thumbsup:

1 Like

YAY! @aran began with Slovene!

Da iawn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would very much like to contribute more too and I hope I will be able to upgrade my subscription later. It’s really a wonderful thing that you’re doing, also because you give people the possibility to learn languages that are rare (I remember how thrilled I was to find Cornish among learning options) and it feels great to support such a cause. Unfortunately at the moment I should be careful about my finance, as I’m moving to another town. So for the moment I’ll just repeat my willingness to help with everything that concerns my native language, Russian, when you need it:)

3 Likes

Thanks Aran, I cracked it, I’m all signed up. And yes I have recently started dabbling in Spanish, having reached the end of course 3 and finding myself simply missing that brain-scouring sensation.
Tell me, now that you have proved to us all that we can learn a language, can you prove we can all learn multiple languages or is that something special? Can you give one of your scientific answers to this?
Can’t wait to see what languages you are going to spring on us, but how are we to choose?

2 Likes

I agree with every word @4Ruth says.

@aran, some of us with the best will in the world, are probably unable to make this monthly financial commitment. A suggestion…how about drawing up a system where instead of committing monthly, those of us of meagre financial means are able to make a one-off donation to SSi for any amount we can afford?

At least this way, we would be able to feel that we are making a small contribution to getting the show on the road.

I really feel there would be no need for you to offer anything in return for such donations - you already give us so much with this wonderful ssi system.

10 Likes

I think Gavins idea is fab - I read this thread wishing that I could work/have an income and support this fab idea. But unfortunately not for the forseeable future. A chance to contribute in a small way would be grand

2 Likes

I don’t know if @aran would agree with that but those who pay subscriptions with PayPal you all have their PayPal mail (if you know what I’m trying to suggest here …). You coul use it. However you could be so kind and choose to pay the fee (which is comming along with that and is not too high at all) too. :slight_smile:

Just spreading my thoughts, nothing more …