The SSi Growth Club

Ooh, hope she gets better quickly!

1 Like

You could always do a monologue :wink:

Yes, why not? I see this brilliant idea. You surely have a lot to tell @aran ā€¦ :slight_smile:

And ā€¦

Sorry pawb. I probably must be a witch or some gremlin possessed me to say this and it came true (once again ohhhh ā€¦ ) :frowning:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone who has ever heard me hit my stride will find this hard to believe, but a 5 minute monologue sounds more than a little daunting - and would in any case have a distinct lack of the natural conversational structures that you get with two.

[Plus guess who has a little bit of extra stuff to do when Catrin isnā€™t wellā€¦;-)]

3 Likes

Ye ā€¦ and she can be quite irritated with herself not being well ā€¦

Pob lwc to (all) both. :slight_smile:

@CatrinLliarJones get well soon.

2 Likes

@CatrinLliarJones Brysia wella!

1 Like

You could talk to Angharad?

1 Like

Only up to a pointā€¦:wink:

Weā€™ll get something done for Friday, and then see if we can manage another run at ā€˜a week of daily recordingsā€™ next weekā€¦ that should see us somewhere back to balanceā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brysia wella, Catrin, a paid poeni Aran, when youā€™re short staffed!

1 Like

Mae fy nghariad yn cytuno gyda Catrin am y bwyd plant

1 Like

I first used SSi, hmmmā€¦ Seems like 5-6 years ago? I hope Iā€™ve got my length right!

Back then, it was only SSiW, that is, Say Something In Welsh. And I have to sayā€¦ I love what the SSi team and moderators are doing, and that is why I am proud to say I have joined the SSi Growth Club!

I wish the best to our great team behind the dream, and to our moderators who keep the community running alongside them.

I have to warn you all - I used to be a language-learning ADDICT! Iā€™ve high hopes for SSi, so hereā€™s hoping that all language learners, both avid addicts and the non, continue to have a wonderful, prosperous, and embracing place to call their language learning platform and home.

Vielen Dank, dank je, diolch, gracias, takk, go raibh maith agait, and thanks to you all!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support, Noah - itā€™s no over-statement to say that the Growth Club has kept us afloat this last year or so, and has got us within spitting distance of a fully functional SSiBorgā€¦:star: :star2:

Iā€™m really looking forward to when we can all start playing some ā€˜several different languagesā€™ challenges with the new material weā€™ll be able to buildā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope Iā€™m not too pushy, but a little Q: Is there any new material in the Growth Club content in the pipeline in a not so distant future?

(Just asking)

1 Like

Yes - weā€™ve been very slack, and we really should have found the time to do some today - but the truth is, Iā€™m exhausted after this weekā€™s 5 day intensive, and we took the kids to the Caernarfon Food Festival instead.

But weā€™ll do a bunch of catch-up sessions next week and the week afterā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

O, ye, Iā€™ve just seen this. Didnā€™t see any Welsh Cakes though. I still didnā€™t try them even after being in Wales. :cry: :slight_smile:

And, diolch. Iā€™m waiting (im)patiently to hear some more content ā€¦ on food festival maybe? ā€¦ and birds in the garden. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to send food via air mail?

It is possible to send chocholate or something like that, originally packed with all certifications and declarations. Other than that I think itā€™s not possible.

Ahemā€¦

Yes, itā€™s time for apologies, and reparations. Now that the recording space is mostly under control again, Catrin and I have some big plans for the next couple of weeksā€¦

Starting with 2 new Growth Club sessions up for you today (the second of which may be a slightly acquired taste)ā€¦ and our plan is to go at the rate of 2 a day for a couple of weeks, until we start to feel less guilty - so you might want to keep an eye on this thread, and get your downloading running smoothly, so you donā€™t end up missing anyā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Aran,
I donā€™t think you should ever feel guilty about Growth Club recordings. You do so much hard work and it is very much appreciated! :star2:

5 Likes

That is extremely kind of you, Emma! I hope after the next couple of weeks the guilt will have subsided slightly (I donā€™t usually tend to feel guilty for quite as long as I probably ought toā€¦;-)).

1 Like