The SSi Growth Club

I am on Android as well, using Chrome as browser, and I have no trouble accessing Club Tyfu material. What browser are you using?

Isnā€™t that what the app does? (Thatā€™s what it seems to do on mine.) That said, I donā€™t actually know where they are stored on the phone except that I can play them anywhere once I download them to the app.

I can see, download and listen to them on the app. I normally open the download page on my internet browser and access them through that, download them to my phone, move them to the memory card and listen to them from there. Iā€™ve done it with all the lessons and all of the growth club files so far which totals hundreds of times.

Maybe itā€™s as simple as @aran checking just in case my subscription has a problem even though Iā€™ve recently received an email confirming payment. Weā€™ll see. :slight_smile:

Or maybe that you got logged out without realizing it? That happens to me now and then on the computer.

No, if I had logged out I wouldnā€™t be able to see all the other courses and languages. The only thing missing is the growth club content.

Android, fairly up to date I think.
The growth club link has gone in Chrome, although I just tried the app and I can still get them there.

1 Like

Paging @Kinetic for a fix here - thanks for flagging it up, Ger - strange that youā€™re on the old design, though - is that the old iOS app?

Thanks Aran, no itā€™s not on the app, itā€™s on the browser. I can save the mp3ā€™s to the memory card from there.

1 Like

Also, a strange thing on the app is that 77 appears on the list before 76, so the order goes ā€¦ 75, 77, 76ā€¦

Just adding that I still canā€™t see the Growth Club :cry:

Yes, I noticed that too! Odd.

Ugh, thought we had that fixed - we saw it working in Bontnewydd, didnā€™t we?

77 out of order is probably because I had to re-upload it - so I guess the app is ordering on time of publication rather than just title - is that iOS or Android?

@kinetic, some funny stuff going on here! :slight_smile:

For me, itā€™s android.

1 Like

Android for me too.

1 Like

And me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I havenā€™t actually seen it working yet.

1 Like

Android app orders based on the order the files appear in the data coming back from the website.
76 is listed after 77ā€¦

1 Like

OK, I see why that was and I believe Iā€™ve fixed it now - I even logged in as you and checked, and itā€™s showing the link in the navigation popup :slight_smile:

Yeah, thatā€™s it. 76 was uploaded two minutes later than 77, and the API returns stuff in publication order. On the website, they appear in the order you (@aran) linked to them when you edited the page, but the app will show them in order of upload time.

I could of course change that to be alphabetical, but bear in mind that perhaps there are other places where publication order rather than alphabetical is what you want, and it could break the ordering of those. (Iā€™m unsure if thatā€™s the case, but I wouldnā€™t want to alter the ordering without having checked.)

So instead, Iā€™ve just manually fiddled the upload time of number 77 by a few minutes so that they order correctly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@netmouse, yours should be okay too now - you had the same problem as @Deborah-SSi, and that should be now fixed. I just checked and yours seems to be working.

@gruntius, your situation is different - itā€™s because somehow youā€™re still on the old-school site design, which it turns out doesnā€™t have support for the Growth Club links! @aran, shouldnā€™t we be retiring this? It was meant to have gone last year as I recall :wink:

1 Like

Yay! Yes, I can see it now. Diolch yn fawr @Kinetic!

3 Likes