The SSi Growth Club

All working - thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for that mate, does that mean that the support for growth club links has been lost in the last week? How do I get on the “new-school site design”?

Nope, it’s never been supported on the old-school design. Are you saying it’s only just disappeared recently?

To go new-school, go to Account Settings in the menu at the top right, then tick “Use new layout for whole website”. But… I’m now starting to wonder whether something else funny is going on, since you say it’s only just disappeared?

Yeah, I thought that too! Please retire the old design for everyone… :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll try that but yes, only just disappeared. I downloaded #75 from the page I screenshat (past tense of screenshot) earlier.

2 Likes

@Kinetic I have no option for new layout so maybe I’m already on it. I don’t know.

Hmm, really? You mean in the second level of links alongside Level 1, Level 2 etc?

That is very odd indeed. I can’t see at the moment how that could have ever been showing the Growth Club - but if it was, I can only assume it must’ve been a fortuitous mistake of some kind, and then I changed something elsewhere and accidentally “fixed” that? :confused:

Oh well, this will all go away now, because I’ve turned the old layout off for good!

1 Like

I was busy turning it off at the moment you said that, so it’s possible that the new layout button had already gone away by that point. If you’re seeing the big red (or green, or blue) bar at the top, with “SSi” in the corner, rather than the old thinner blue one, then you’re on the new layout. And if so, then the “Challenges” button at the top should show you a link to “Growth Club Content”…

2 Likes

Yes @Kinetic, yes. It all looks completely different now to how it looked in my earlier screenshot (post #596) and I can see the growth club files again. Thank you so much. :smile:

And as you can see in the top left I’ve already downloaded the two new files.

5 Likes

yay! I’ve just joined the Growth Club. I have now reached the end of the current level three (although I am still struggling through the last half of the old course 3) I find the old course much more difficult than the levels but they do seem to contain more vocabulary. I need to push on now and develop a bigger vocab and improve my listening skills. I find that I tend to stick to a very limited vocabulary when speaking although I do understand more I just don’t use it on a regularly basis. I do have a target in my mind for when I will have ‘made it’ but I’m not sharing that just yet!
Onwards and upwards…

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: An off topic question about Android App from Growth Club topic

IT’S STILL FRIDAY!

FFFFFFFfffffffiwwwwwwwwww… :wink:

78 and 79, ladies and gentlemen… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh where have 68 and 69 gone? I’ve only just listened to them on the way home and only understand about 50% so was going to work through with the transcript.

Hmmm. We’re back to “Save link as …”

But thanks!

got it, thanks!

Sorry, we always drop the old ones off when we add new ones, to keep it all manageable… :slight_smile:

@kinetic!! :slight_smile:

Anybody else curious to hear Aran reading from the epic? :slight_smile:
(Or is it strictly not for general consumption?!)

2 Likes

:laughing:

Maybe we could do a paragraph or so at some point… :wink:

Okay, that’s fixed now - sorry, been away at a conference for the last few days! There should now be proper media players on the Growth Club page, and download links underneath each one which actually work as download links :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And #80 and #81 ready for you now (hint: bledren is bladder… :wink: ).

2 Likes