The SSi Growth Club

No WAY.

Both shock and horror happening here.

It’s a Friday.

AND 2 MORE ARE ALREADY WAITING FOR YOU… :scream: :flushed:

4 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau!

1 Like

@aran what is the best way to get the most out of the growth club recordings? I am struggling to understand them, there is a lot of new vocab for me. Would it be best to print off the transcripts and look up all the new vocab then listen or the other way round?

1 Like

Where are you with the main course, Amanda? :slight_smile:

I have finished all the levels as far as you’ve got with level 3 and the old courses 1 and 2 . I’ve done the first 4 lessons of the old course 3 but it’s slow and I’m struggling with them a little.

1 Like

Okay - do you have a regular approach with the listening exercises from Level 1?

It sounds to me as though you ought to be doing the last of the listening exercises for 5 minutes a day, and then choose just 1 of the Growth Club recordings - read the transcript, check any words you need to check, and then listen - until that recording becomes boringly easy for you… then move on to the next, and so on… :slight_smile:

ok, thanks Aran. I haven’t been doing the listening exercises since bwtcamp! I’ll give it a go.
l

1 Like

Let me know how it goes for you… :slight_smile:

Ahem. Sorry about missing last week! It was well into this week before I even noticed, actually - we had ill cousins happening and stuff like that… :flushed:

But today, we’re back into our stride, with two new recordings for you - #87 and #88:slight_smile:

3 Likes

And here we go again - 89 and 90 ready and waiting for you… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just managed to listen to #87 and #88 while preparing tea in the kitchen (where else?) and was a bit surprised and chuffed at what was said. Thank you kindly. :blush: (Although, @CatrinLliarJones, you said that we are going to be “efo plant” but can I assure you and confirm that the weekend will most definitely be “heb blant”. :smile: :fireworks:)

1 Like

And our final pre-Christmas Growth Club is up and waiting for you - #91!

I feel as if we’ve done a long enough run of double doses to have assuaged some of my guilt (and as you’ll hear today, Catrin’s only just fit to record!) so we’re going to settle back down to one a week now… and then maybe, fingers crossed, some slight changes by the spring… :slight_smile: [/teaser]

1 Like

Sorry folks - I’ve been flat on my back in bed for the last couple of days, after my slipped disc decided it would be fun to play up more dramatically than it has done since it first happened… so I’m afraid there is zero chance that we’re going to be able to get this week’s Growth Club done.

I’m better today than yesterday, so I’m confident that I’ll be fit and firing again by next Friday. Very sorry about missing this one… :frowning:

1 Like

For heaven’s sake, you take care of yourself!! We’d rather have a late recording than no more recordings or lessons at all!
:hushed:

3 Likes

Not a fun way to spend the holidays :frowning2: Hope you are feeling better lots sooner than next Friday! Brysia wella!

2 Likes

I wish I lived closer, I’d come and nurse you. I’ve no idea how to be a nurse, but that wouldn’t stop me. On balance, it’s probably better I don’t live closer!
Hoping that disc slips back in…

1 Like

Get well soon from this painful, chronic, debilitating condition. I’d give you a big hug but it might not be the best idea right now.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn, folks - VERY much appreciated :heart:

Getting there, step by step - today is a little better again - I’m aiming to get the washing up done before Catrin and the kids come home this afternoon - and I think I’m going to try coming off the meds tonight, so fingers crossed for tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

‘I know’, I thought, ‘today I’ll listen to all of the Growth Club recordings again from the beginning.’ I then realised there is over nine and a half hours’ worth so I don’t think I’ll bother.

How’s the back coming along Aran?

3 Likes

Getting there…

Why not splice them together and double speed them? It’ll give you a real kick forward, even if you just do 5 or 10 minutes a day…

1 Like