The SSiW 10th B'day Party 2019 - initial discussion and ideas

That’s the plan for this year already - Dee and Iestyn are hoping to get something to fly down south in 2018… :slight_smile:

1 Like

including Llety Arall :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll help in any way I can, bearing in mind my geographical remoteness and social medi isolation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a quick update!

I’ve a meeting with the venue on Monday and hope to have a date in place next week. It’s going to be a big one, in the Caernarfon area and probably happening late May.

We are VERY excited about the ideas we have, some of which will be shared by you and some of which will be kept a secret. It’s going to be an epic weekend of celebrations!!

Watch this space! :smile:

5 Likes

*Finger hovering over the Premier Inn website …

3 Likes

I can’t wait - I should be over my cold by then. Like @gruntius - I’m just waiting for a date. :smile:

3 Likes

Missed you this year Huw.

2 Likes

Here’s my two pennorth. There’s been a lot of talk about what men should wear, and nothing so far from women who haven’t worn a frock in years about what they would feel comfortable wearing. My definition of smart is gardening trousers but clean fingernails, so obviously I wouldn’t attend a posh event, even if I could overcome my horror of big social occasions. But I would like to say thank-you to SSiW, and to join in some of the informal activities over the weekend. The split ticket idea would be ideal for me, and for any other party-poopers/ those who can’t or won’t dress up.

2 Likes

I also think the split ticket idea is an ideal solution to cater for people who do not wish to dress formally as well as people like myself who would quite like to, especially to celebrate the momentous impact that SSiW has had on my life.

I will have been a benficiary of SSi for pretty well the whole 10 years next year, which is longer than my entire university education. I celebrated that with some pretty fancy dress (my Master’s hood & gown from UEA was designed by Cecil Beaton :laughing: )

I think the DJ/Tuxedo/Black Tie solution is ideal for me. It’s smart but not quite as formal as the full White Tie and Tails job :laughing: (It’s also suitable IMO for all genders as is a smart evening frock :smile:)

The only question for me is whether M will be able to let out my old 32 " waisted trousers and double the length of my cumerbund to encompass my more generous proporions nowadays. Even if not, I’d still dip my hands in my pocket to hire a suit - and that, for a Cardi, is saying something. :laughing:

I shall, of course, go with the flow on this issue.
I am also looking forward to the choral activity (I’m a bottom bass, by the way, with an emphasis on the bottom)

4 Likes

Sounds great. The sooner we know when to plan to be there, the better for those of us “across the pond.” (hint, hint…)

1 Like

Should have a definite date for you next week! :slight_smile:

2 Likes