The SSiW Annual Party 2018 - June 2nd - JOIN THE HANGOUT!

There is now a poll at the top of this thread (diolch Catrin!) for you to indicate whether you’re thinking of coming along to the party. It would be great if those considering coming could fill it in please, to get an idea of numbers.

Diolch!

2 Likes

Please count me in Dee, subject to finding affordable accommodation nearby.
This may be just what I’ll need soon after another few weeks unavoidable absence from SSiW in May.

1 Like

Dee, please amend my poll response from ‘Want to…’ to ‘Definitely…’ I’ve now secured accommodation to suit. Diolch.

2 Likes

I have booked the hotel so count me in

2 Likes

Just reminding everyone about this thread and our up coming patry! :smile:

There is a poll at the top of this page in the first post where you can state your interest. Hoping to see a lot of familiar and new faces! :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Catrin & Dee.

How much do we pay (roughly) and do you still have pics of the previous parties (for dress code etc)

Thanks, John & Glenda

1 Like

Hi everyone! Sorry about the delay with this. I’m super busy at the moment, and Iestyn is away with the family for a few days, so nothing much has happened recently.

I’ll have more time from Wednesday onwards and Iestyn will be back before then, so we should be able to press on and get the arrangements sorted out.

3 Likes

People tend to go for smart casual (Catrin has long been dreaming of kicking it up to black tie, but we’ve held off this far!)… and it’s usually round about £20 a head, more or less… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like smart casual :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Ah great thanks, I have upgraded to def coming with guest (Glenda my wife). By the way will it be bilingual (English and Welsh) again?

Absolutely, @JohnYoung! The SSiW annual Party is always bilingual! It’s a fun social gathering giving learners and their family and friends a chance to let their hair down and get to know each other better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve clicked on the poll a couple of times as coming plus one but not sure it is showing Dee? I’ll travel but would still come to anything arranged on the Sunday too. Thanks Gretta

1 Like

Hi I attempted to add my name + one a couple of weeks ago, but perhaps my IT skills let me down again!

They’re both showing! :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Margaret,
could I take you up on your super kind offer of a single please?

Of course. I’ll send a PM.

1 Like

Change mine to Definitely - Crispin and I will be there if I’m fast enough when the bookings open. I’ve just booked an AirBnB between the Halliwell Centre and the town centre.

3 Likes

I have found AirBnB very good for booking one or two nights somewhere. There are various options for how you stay somewhere often with a local family which I’ve found great for finding out about an area and maybe also practising your Welsh! Also if you are travelling alone places are economical! Edrych ymlaen weld I chi ar gyntaf mis mehefin! Hwyl!

2 Likes

ar gyntaf mis mehefin

Just to be clear. The party is on 2nd June. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mae’n ddrwg da fi! Diolch Huw! Bydd e yr ail mis mehefin dim yr gyntaf!