The SSiW Annual Party 2018 - June 2nd - JOIN THE HANGOUT!

@Nicky and Lara. The offer of a bed still stands for the party night, 2nd June. Hyfryd i gwrdd a chi heddiw, Lovely to meet you both today.

3 Likes

Helo Pawb! Lee ydw i. Dw iā€™n newydd dechrau y ā€œ6 mis SSIW cwrsā€. Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen i gael y cyfle i ymarfer cymraeg. Mae eisiau i fi rhoi mwy ā€œeffortā€ i ddysgu cymraeg nawr achos dwi eisiau fy merch i fynd i ysgol cymraeg. Llawer o fy nheulu yn siarad cymraeg ond dw iā€™n teimlo cheated haha! Mae ddrwg gen i my welsh is a little rusty. Allai i ddim yn sillafu. Dw iā€™n gobethio bofi gallu dod iā€™r barti yn mis mehefen. Bydd e cyfle gret i gael noson heb y baban haha gyda fy bartner. All depends of whether nanny is busy that night.

Hello everyone Iā€™m Lee. Iā€™ve recently signed up to the SSIW six month course. Iā€™m looking forward to having the opportunity to speak welsh. I need to put more effort in to learning now as Iā€™ve put my daughters name down for a welsh medium school. Lots of my family speak welsh but the never passed it on, I feel rather cheated.
I hope to attend the party with my girlfriend will be nice to meet everyone and have a baby free night. Haha.
Gobethio i cwrdd y gyd yn fuan.
Diolch
Lee

4 Likes

Just bumping this thread up the timeline. :smile:
Top of thread & Booking link

3 Likes

Thank you Huw, Iā€™ve just booked and paid. :fireworks::grinning:

4 Likes

Me too, but was getting frantic when it would only let me pay with PayPal and I had not used it for ages. It took half an hour before finally telling me I was booked! Each time I filled in something like new address, phone number, card number it would only accept part of the info then take me back to fill it all in again! ended up putting in my card details 4 times!! Still, at last Phil and I are booked for the party and staying with Dee. Looking forward to it in many ways!

3 Likes

Diolch,

2 tickets booked. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve booked and would be up for meeting before and/or after too - I will definitely be free on the Sunday but not sure yet what time I will get there on the Saturday.

Edrych ymlaen!

Kate

2 Likes

Fiā€™n dod. Iā€™m coming.

2 Likes

And Iā€™ve just had a confirmation email from a special guest that weā€™ve invited! Iā€™m very excited, but Iā€™m going to keep you all in suspense for a little while :grin:

6 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Gwych/Great thanks.
Iā€™ll give the online booking a go this evening.

Hopefully when it says you can add your guest to your ā€œpersonal booking pageā€ it asks you for another name after youā€™ve entered your own. Iā€™ll find out tonight, anyway.

1 Like

Whoop. Just booked!

3 Likes

So hereā€™s a clue about our special guest - who can guess who it is? :grin:

ā€¦ is one of Walesā€™s most popular and highly respected authors, not least because of her exploits at the National Eisteddfod, where she has won all three of the major literary prizes, namely the Chair, the Crown and the Prose Medal. A former Childrenā€™s Poet Laureate of Wales, she is also much in demand as a lecturer, creative-writing tutor and broadcaster.

4 Likes

Oooh! I know. I have an alpaca named after her. Great choice!

3 Likes

Professor :sunglasses:

2 Likes

She has a soothing reading voice, I could listen to her all dayā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So not Nia Parry then. :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

And not Julian Ruck either.

Je suis dƩvastƩ

1 Like

Looks Stunning. Rides a bicycle. Leads a choir. Met her at my very first (pre SSIW) intensive course.

2 Likes