Torfaen Meetup - Tuesdays @ 1900 - The Upper Cock Inn, Croesyceiliog

Oops. Yes. I meant the 10th.

Well spotted.

Next meet will be on 17th October

2 Likes

We flew back from Llanzarote early this morning and we are now looking forward to sitting in a welsh pub with a pint of welsh beer and having a chat in welsh (or trying to :slight_smile: )

Drinking San Miguel and listening to spanish was great but we understood less than we do the welsh!

Hope to see you there

j

Hi all does the meet up still happen on a Tuesday evening? I’m tied up with college on a Tuesday evening until mid March. But I’d be keen to attend when I’ve finished my college course.

It does. Though start time is drifting every closer to half seven!

1 Like

Thanks James I’m hoping I’ll be able to attend on the 13/03/2018.

Hello - I’m a new Welsh learner and wondered if there was a meet-up this Tuesday 27 in the Upper Cock Inn and if I could join you this week?

many thanks
Hayley

Are you learning with the SSiW challenges Hayley or by another means? I’m a new learner too. The 6MWS course that SSiW run is great :grinning:

I’m learning SSIW & taking a class through work - think I could benefit from practice with people & general conversation.

Tagging @Deborah-SSi - she might be able to confirm this, or point you in the right direction :slight_smile:

Da iawn. I live in Cwmbran I’m happy to chat :grinning:

There is a Clwb Finyl event this coming Saturday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. At The Cwtsch on Stow Hill. I attended Saturday just gone, it was a great chance to talk Welsh.

1 Like

I think @jamesmahoney usually goes along. Is that right, James? I’m sure they would welcome another person.

1 Like

It’s a rare Tuesday evening when the meeting doesn’t go ahead, although I won’t be there tomorrow evening.

Our usual spot is in a teeny weeny booth in the part of the pub where food is served - first door on the right after entering the pub, and we’re generally on the very first table.

There are sporadic murmurings about stopping the group because of a lack of attendees, so yes, definitely new people are more than welcome!

2 Likes

Four of us here tonight and it would be great to see more!

J

1 Like

Is the group going ahead tonight?

I am planning on going. Hopefully others will be there!

Looks as though there’s no meetup tonight, @garethjohnmills

Does this group still meet?

yes

1 Like

Wont be able to make it tonight sorry

no worries, see you next week perhaps.

James