Tresaith Bootcamp - Sept 2014

@Sandra, you might also want to do some of the southern listening practices. :slight_smile:

@ Diolch Joanie. I’ll give it a go after I finish course 3 Northern!

We took the dive and purchased our tocynnau awyren i Firmingham. A few more bits and pieces to book, but I feel like things are finally starting to come together (on my end). 15ish weeks to go. :wink:

Newyddion gwych, Joanie! I’ll be there in Sept too. It’ll be my first bootcamp and I can’t wait! Look forward to meeting you both, and everyone else too. :slight_smile:

Great to hear the plans are coming along Joanie!

For anyone concerned about northern vs southern problems, please don’t worry. There will be difficulties during the first day or so, with learning basic differences like medru / gallu or moyn / isio, but the main differences are in very common words, and you will work them out within hours (ok 48 of them, maybe, but hours none the less!). And the extra confusion will help everyone - north and southerners - to learn a bit more flexibility and get their Welsh just a bit more confortable.

Plus, despite rumours to the contrary, you do not have to ask in perfect southern Welsh before I’ll allow you to use the toilet!

Joanie: We took the dive and purchased our tocynnau awyren i Firmingham.

It’s getting closer :slight_smile: Let me know nearer the time where we can pick you up on Saturday morning for the lift to Tresaith.

Iestyn: you do not have to ask in perfect southern Welsh before I’ll allow you to use the toilet!

Beth am “Ple mae’r Lle Chwech, plis?” :slight_smile:

Tell me about “lle chwech” - it keeps appearing in my Blodwyn Jones and I know it means toilet but how? where does it come from?

It’s kind of our version of ‘outhouse’ - comes from workers’ toilets, where you’d commonly have six seats in a row…:smile:

Hi - I just saw something, somewhere on the website that the September course may not be confirmed. Please tell me I’m panicking about nothing.

you are panicking about nothing, i believe it is fully booked. enjoy.
Cheers J.P.

thanks, Rambling John

Hi- All booked up and ready to go, as I’m coming from Australia my suitcase only has room for my toothbrush could I please hire everything else that is required.
Diolch Dale

Awstralia , that’s dedication ,

By my count that’s an Australian on the June, July, AND September bootcamps. Wales, you lucky thing :wink:

I’m sure they’ll be able to arrange some bedding at the centre, and I’m sure someone will be happy to give you a lift from whichever station you need one from.

Dale
I’m already giving Joanie & gwr a lift from Aberystwyth and am sure I can find room for you and your toothbrush. I suggest you contact Heledd at the Canolfan (http://www.tresaith.net/contact.html) to discuss bedding etc. Please post here or PM me if you’d like a lift from Aber.

PS - You needn’t pack your didgeridoo, I’ll bring mine (I’m not joking :slight_smile: )

Hi Dale
I’m only coming from 10 mins down the road, so if you want me to bring a sleeping bag for you etc, then it wouldn’t be a problem at all. Looking forward to meeting you all. Ros

Hello pawb,
I think I may have taken the last slot for the September Bootcamp several weeks ago, but have been keeping my head down to review. I’ve only completed Course1 North.
I live in the North, Sandra, I don’t know it it would make sense to share a ride, I live in Bethesda. Where are you coming from?

I’m really looking forward to the bootcamp although dw’in poeni, tipyn bach ond Dw’in edrych ymlaen dechrau, Renee

There’s nothing to worry about. If you’ve finished the first course then you speak enough Welsh to do the Bootcamp. You might not believe me now, but you will when it’s all over ;).

Hi Renee and pawb

I live in Wrecsam. My arrangements for getting to Tresaith are a bit complicated because my son is going back to Uni in Aberystwyth on the day the bootcamp starts. I think he is aiming to pick up the key for his room as soon as possible after 10 o’clock that morning, so we will have an early start from Wrecsam. The car will be loaded up with all of his stuff so I can’t really offer any lifts as far as Aber but could offer a lift to up to two people from there to Tresaith. The current plan is that my husband will drive and drop me off in Tresaith after we have dropped our son in Aber and unloaded everything!

Does anybody know the time we should aim to arrive at Tresaith?

Looking forward to meeting you all, Sandra