Tŵt - Welsh Social Media

It’s a great idea Dee, I think I have written in English but might have written a couple of Welsh words. I must try harder, so this will encourage me! :hugs:

2 Likes

Due to Elon Musk’s takeover of Twitter, people have been posting about various alternatives and Mastodon was mentioned. This reminded me that toot.wales (Tŵt Cymru) is actually a Mastodon instance (don’t worry about the jargon, I don’t!) and I also remembered that I created an account back in 2019 when this thread was first started.

Anyway, I looked in again (my login still worked) and I discovered that it’s doing well. I didn’t stick with it back in 2019 because no one seemed to be posting and it was like speaking in an empty room, but I’m finding it a great way to write a small thing each day in Welsh. You have more characters than Twitter, so I can post bilingually and people there seem really friendly. If you tried it a few years ago, but dropped out, you could try looking in there again.

Here’s the link: https://toot.wales/web/home

7 Likes

I’ve started using mastodon as well,@yogi0704 if anyone wants to follow. Might be useful for us SSIW’s to practice writing as Maragret mentioned previously

3 Likes

I’ve found you and followed you.

2 Likes

Likewise :grin:

2 Likes

Give it a go :slight_smile:

Hi Tony. Are you still on Tŵt. I’m John Young @johnyoungc45

Just followed you. Its a bit busier on there now with Twitter refugees.
PS Guyhirn is a nice place. I remember working on the bridge and road.

1 Like

Diolch John, just followed you back

BTW, Guyhirn bridge has now been widened to 3 lanes and the roundabout has been made a lot larger. It has improved the flow of traffic considerably.

Cofion

Tony

1 Like