Unofficial anniversary bootcamp weekend may 12-14 last place now gone

With the speed with which mini bootcamp booked up i’m going to organise another for may 12 - 14.

Note these are not organised by iestyn or aran and its just a chance to practice with fellow learners.

I’m sorry its impossible for me to say how many people at this point but about 5 spaces as usual making 6 including me possibly more.

I’ll try and be more organised this time and from the off say first come first served.

Cost £50 again. Location Gwynedd or Ynys Mon.

Only add your name to this thread if you can commit now and pay now too as i have to pay upfront.

I’ll leave this open until i have sufficient confirmations to find somewhere suitable. Please understand i cannot guarantee anything yet and if you’re name 6 and i can only find something suitable for 5 i’m afraid you’ll have to lose out.

So don’t book travel etc until i can confirm.

Remember you may need to share a twin room.

Oh the reason for that weekend? it’s the one year anniversary of me starting!

Any questions click on my name and send me a private message.

update…i have found some lovely cottages, a real mix of modern and traditional, sleeping 5 to 10 across Gwynedd and Ynys Mon

1 Like

Missed out on booking March so please can you put me down to come in May? Thanks

2 Likes

Please put me down as well :slight_smile: I had planned on being in Wales for 3 wks after easter and was going to try for a place on the northern bootcamp but a family complication cropped up and I had to move my dates 3 weeks forward…so I am excited to hear about this possibility as it will work for the dates I can get away…I live in the U.S: are you able to accept paypal? (with me paying the fees, of course)

2 Likes

If we’ve got some progress on the chalet by then (which is fairly likely) you’d be welcome to come and camp out with us for a while, Deb… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes of course. I need another three names then i can confirm. I think a minimum of 6 is needed for it to work well.

1 Like

How lovely of you to offer, Aran, would love to do that if it works out.:blush:

2 Likes

Diolch Pete, great of you to arrange this. Hoping it works out :relaxed:

2 Likes

I can assure you it’s driven by highly selfish motives :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi could this go in newsletter? Diolch.

1 Like

It’s there already :smile: - great idea!

3 Likes

Sorry, Pete, I shall be in the Netherlands and can’t make the May dates. I enjoyed the one last year and I hope there may be another chance soon. Pob lwc I chi gyd.

1 Like

Diolch john. I hope i can organise more. I’m only doing this as i know week long bootcamps are difficult for many.

In truth i don’t want to tread on toes and i hope @aran and @CatrinLliarJones can offer people the chance in their chalet soon.

I had a great weekend last time. I love arranging these. Its so rewarding

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn @Deborah-SSi

Thank you so much for your kind words in the newsletter

3 Likes

Need two more people to confirm this. Message me for more info.

Its a great way to practise your level 1, 2 or indeed 3…

I’m interested. Can I bring my dog?

1 Like

I’m sure i can find somewhere

1 Like

(As long as he speaks only Welsh over the weekend):dog:

2 Likes

She’s cleverer than me so I reckon she’s absorbed all the lessons fully, unlike her rather dim owner!

Can you just explain a bit more about how the weekend might work - I’ve not signed up yet, and haven’t been to anything like this before, so still thinking. Don’t put me down as a definite yet, please. I don’t want to mess with your system!

2 Likes

We arrive Friday eve and over dinner start the no english rule. Play scrabble or gair am air. Saturday we have breakfast then go out for a walk or museum or galeri…all in welsh of course…grab lunch, visit bookshops etc…then dinner and possibly a pub with a band or a quiz if we’re brave.

Same sort of thing Sunday morning…basically a chance to practice speaking with fellow new speakers plus chances to speak in the wild knowing theres a safety net of other SSIWers.

3 Likes