FINAL RESULTS: the Great SSiW Giveaway Leaderboard

OOOOH is it just me or is it getting exciting? I’ve got to admit, I thought Bronwen would get shy (and perhaps slightly vertiginous) and that when Cai powered past, his raw international determination would make it a one player game - BUT NO!!! BRONWEN STRIKES BACK!

It’s better than Formula 1 in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY. :heart:

3 Likes

Um, had I actually updated the post when I bumped this up before? Too many tabs open in my mind… :wink:

Tatjana, you’ve done so much to help spread the word - if it’s tough now, because there aren’t all that many potential learners in Slovenia, we’re still hugely grateful for all that you’ve done before… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :star2:

2 Likes

And another bunch of changes - talk about nip and tuck at the top! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good heavens. Bronwen, you have just amazed us all. Utterly, utterly impressed.

If any of your secrets are LEGAL, it would be stunning fantastic if you’d share them in here… :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

Well, I’m thrilled, of course, and would just like to thank my family for all the support they’ve given me over the years… but seriously, that’s far too many rewards for one person! And for doing what? Just letting people know about a ridiculously cheap and life-enhancing offer! So… dinner with Aran and Catrin, or tickets for the Manic Street Preachers? [Nanosecond pause…] I’m going to face my fears, and gratefully accept the dinner invitation, sitting near Catrin. And @Aran can decide who deserves the gig tickets.

I don’t really have any secrets; everything I’m doing is outlined on another thread, How to help each other win prizes.

I’ve noticed a few people crossing the street when they see me coming, so I may be running out of steam. But there’s still almost a month to go, and there are thousands of people out there, who with just a nudge from you, can do something which will open up a whole new world to them. So dal ati, pawb! [Keep at it, everyone!]

That’s this thread, folks: How to help each other win prizes - and now you know, Bronwen is just doing straightforward stuff, consistently.

Any single one of you could read that thread, do the same as her, and get the same results :star: :star2: :star_struck: :smiley:

So what shall we do with the gig tickets, folks? Your opinion, please!

As far as I can see, we can:

• give them to Cai now
  • give them to whoever is next to hit 10 referrals
  • give them to the highest number of referrals this week - oh, no, that’s Bronwen! So give them to the SECOND highest number of referrals this week?

What do you think would be best? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will sadly still be in Finland sitting a chemistry exam then so can’t take them. But I like the “second (or third if I’m second :smile:) highest number of referrals this week” idea

3 Likes

I know we’re trying to get as many referrals as possible, but how about a suprise boost for those who think maybe they’ll never be in the running… what if anyone who has their name on the leaderboard (i.e. 1 referral or more) by, say, midnight on Sunday has their name put in a hat and whoever’s name is drawn from the hat on Monday gets the tickets? If they on the leaderboard but cannot make the gig, they can say so before the draw and take their name out (but only out of the draw for the tickets, not for the rest of the prizes!). ??

4 Likes

Ooh, synchronicity… superb idea, and also what Bronwen just suggested in a PM… so I think that’s the one for us!

Right, now, need to clear head and explain it to everyone… :slight_smile: :heart:

3 Likes

Just when I was thinking it would be fun to have @siaronjames write a question about the Manics (now we know she does that already for Rhannu tv quiz) :grin: and first to answer and prove he/she’s #1 fan wins! :sunglasses:

p.s. drawing names from a hat is fine, but I just wanted to say that anyway!

3 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea. You can eliminate me from that draw too because, well, it’s the Manics. :grinning:

Good luck to everyone else though. :+1:

2 Likes

I was going to swap them for tickets to see Bryn Fôn if you won…

Ooh, can I retract my last statement?:wink:

Anyway, I’ll be more than happy with the signed Bryn Fôn CD.

1 Like

Well, first past the post apparently isn’t universal :sweat_smile:. Runner up…second to arrive is fair…unless at the last minute @aran comes in from behind in which case we all cheer :innocent:

1 Like

Capital… Not that I was a threat, I had already pulled out for the concert too (and dinner sadly …quietly holding the option of a rain cheque…)but not abandoning the other prizes. Totally unsurprised to see it evidenced here in so many posts how altruistic SSiWers are in general.
Different politics (which we leave pretty well at the door) sooo many different cultures and mixed backgrounds and nations.
@tatjana @siaronjames @BronwenLewis Et al.
Kudos everyone!
When we work together like this, I see the power of the old tongue moving the world!
ps. I couldn’t tag Joseph himself… Helpu fi anyone?

2 Likes

Ooh, it’s heating up at the top! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Oh, and if you implement any of the tactics on the ‘help each other’ thread (How to help each other win prizes) it would be wonderful to hear about it… :slight_smile:

Also - the raffle for the Manics tickets, I think, starts on Monday (yes, currently no time at all to do anything apart from drive kids to and from karate and ballet… :wink: ).

2 Likes

Caz and Jenny are on a roll, but nothing can slow Bronwen down…

[She’s told everyone what she’s doing. Nothing secret or complicated, just consistent… there’s still time for you to get rolling and win a bunch of prizes… :slight_smile: ]

Ooh, BIG moves - Jenny’s grabbed hold of second place!

And Gill has gone all the way from 26th to 6th in one weekend :star: :star2:

Okay, right, those Manics tickets… AND a lovely extra prize of a 500ml tub of ice cream from the wonderfully named Aran Hufen Iâ in Bala!..

EVERYONE who makes a SINGLE referral between now and 8 o’clock on Friday night will go into a raffle - with the tickets as one prize and the ice cream as another… :slight_smile:

It seems common so far for us to have even just 10 to 15 separate people getting referrals coming through in the course of a week - so this is likely to be one of the best chances to win a raffle you’ve ever had.

Just copy Bronwen’s straightforward ideas, or write a letter to a local paper, or think of one different idea, and you could be on your way to see the Manics or rewarding yourself with Welsh ice cream :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loving the leaps in the leaderboard @aran!
As you may have noticed, my name isn’t on the list let alone the leaderboard! (don’t ask - I have my reasons! :wink: ) However, I have been passing the word about, albeit by requesting that anyone signing up uses someone else’s name (that is on the list) as a referral.
Anyway, because when the Cwmni Da questionnaires for competitors in the Snowdonia Marathon come back each year, there are always some people who answer the “do you speak Welsh” bit with things like “I wish I could” etc, so I’ve shared the offer on the Snowdonia Marathon FB page. BUT I’m a little concerned that my name could still get put down as the referrer and that the discount won’t be valid, so just in case you do get any with my name on, please can I ask you to allocate any number I accumulate to another SSiWer? Maybe whoever is at the very bottom of the leaderboard on the penultimate day (to avoid any accusations of favouritism :wink: )?

5 Likes