Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Dear Ceri I would love to be part of this project am a 77 year old male and have a baritone voice. I am able to read music.
Trefor Richards

Hi Ceri, I’ve also somehow only just seen this thread and I would love to try. I can sing, but I’m not trained. I’m baritonish, but I think I can handle that bass part. Is it too late, or should I give it a go in the next few days?
Best,
Josh

Definitely not too late @Josh :):blush:

Have a look back through the thread @treforrichards at what you need to do. If you could start with the video which I reposted today on how to do it that should help you get started. Please come back to me if you get stuck but the score, words and lots of audio files are posted above already. :blush:

May I join your choir please? Sionibach (John Lloyd) (bass - tenor)

1 Like

Count me in. I’m between tenor and baritone.

1 Like

Annwyl Ceri. Diolch yn fawr am ebost. Bydda i’n trio heddiw. Ti’n gwych iawn. (margaret) Sonia

2 Likes

Yes, please do @sionllwyd-1 :blush:

Hi Ceri. Dw I wedi gwneud fy video ond dw i ddim yn gallu anfon achos dwedodd fy tablet a ffon dydy nhw ddim yn anfon achos mae file rhi mawr. Dw I wedi trio dim ond un verse ond yr un peth. Mae flin da fi. Oes WhatsApp gyda ti achos bydd WhatsApp yn anfon? Diolch am drefnu popeth. Sonia

Helo @sonia a croeso i’r fforwm.
I’ll answer in English because that’s the forum practice except in the thread deliberately set up for exchanges in Welsh. (This is to ensure inclusion of forum members at all stages of learning) :smile:

@ceri-francis may be able to respond to your question about WhatsApp but, in the meantime, if you can upload your file to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) you should be able to e-mail the link to Ceri.
Pob lwc / Good luck

Helo Ceri,
May I join your choir?
I can sing in tune and read (bass) even though I am 83 and a baritone.
Sionibach
(John Lloyd)

This virtual choir is an audio-only production, so there is no need to record a video of you singing, and as a side effect the resulting file is much too big. Most phones and tablets have a kind of speech memo app, if you use that, you’ll get an audio file of manageable size.
Pob lwc!

Diolch, Hendrik, bydda i’n trio dim ond audio.

Thank you Huw Jones. Sorry didn’t realise this was an English thread. I haven’t used it before. Thanks for your help. Will try audio only first. Sonia.

Hi, I’d love to be part of this if possible. I have sung mainly bass but sometimes tenor in choirs before.

@sonia Thanks for trying and thanks @HuwJones and @Hendrik for answering. As Hendrik said please just record audio and then email it to me. Audio won’t be too big to email. No need to use WhatsApp for that. Email to Ceri.music@gmail.com

Diolch

@RolandD
That’s great Roland. Please look back through the thread for instructions etc and ask if anything is unclear. You can try both tenor and bass if you like.

Yes please do @sionllwyd-1. Have you watched the youtube video on how to do your recording? I posted it again earlier this week so it’s not far up the thread.

Great. Looking forward to hearing it @kelland

Is it too late? I used to sing 2nd bass but have not sung recently?