Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Hi Ceri, is it too late to join? I read music and have sung alto with church/community choirs.

Di

@dianne-1 and @Allanapiago

No, not too late. I need to have all recordings by 30th April or sooner if possible. Please start by watching the youtube video to see what you need to do.

T
Diolch Ceri

Could I join in please Ceri? I sing alto, currently sing in Côr Dysgwyr. Is it too late? Please let me know if possible and how to access to music. Many thanks

Closing date is 30th April so please do join in if you can do it before then. Thanks. :blush:

Hi I’m happy to give it a go. I used to sing tenor in a choir years ago (not that it means I’m a good singer though :laughing:), thanks Huw

1 Like

Hi I would love to give it a go. I guess that I would need to sing the melody. I know this hymn very well, one of my favourites.Hwyl Chrissie

2 Likes

Beautiful! Count me in, I can sing melody or alto harmony

1 Like

I have made an attempt at the bass sections and will send the files now by email. I have no previous experience of singing in a choir and cannot read music. I am happy for you to ignore my offering, but I really enjoyed learning a lovely hymn. Thank you for organising a great project and for the excellent clear instructions. You have inspired me to try and learn more Welsh songs.

3 Likes

Am I too late? Would love to join in!

1 Like

Just sent mine! (finally) Really excited to hear it all together :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Huw, I’d love to have another tenor - the tenor harmony part I mean. Please do have a go. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks

1 Like

No, not at all. Please do try and get your recording to me by April 30th, and sooner is better just in case anything needs correcting. Thanks.

Please feel free to try either or both. :blush:

Great. Looking forward to hearing your recording.

Everything is in this thread but it is a bit long now. Please start at the top and try and look out for the various things I’ve posted starting with the youtube clip on how to do it. Thanks

Please feel free to try tenor or bass or both, depending on your vocal range.

There is still time to get recordings to me. Does anyone need help with what to do? The thread is so long now I would hate to miss anybody or for anyone to be unclear what to do.

I am definitely short of tenors! Just to clarify that I particularly need male tenors. I’m happy for ladies with deeper voices to send me a tenor but also want to balance make and female voices.

HI Ceri-francis

I sent you my recording the other day; have you had it?

Diolch

Helena (Rees)

Hi, didn’t realise it was by 30th sorry. I’m in work all week now so not sure if I’ll manage to do it in time, specially as I’ve only just finished week 3 of the course so still getting to grips with the forums etc. Where is the tenor part also? I did start reading the lyrics and listening to the pronunciation earlier so I may get chance to give it a go :+1:t2: