Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Hi Ceri. I will send a recording of the soprano and the alto line and I’ll have a go at the tenor as well if you are still short?

1 Like

Yes - thank you. Your vocals are in the mix now. Sorry, I’m behind with emails but thanks so much for taking part.

Please do give it a go when you can. I’m sure I can squeeze your voice in last minute.

Practise with the first track and then record using the second two. Have you looked at the YouTube clip on what to do. It’s posted higher up in the thread. The score is also posted higher up.

1 Like

Lovely!

Hi Ceri,
I’d love to join in, I am used to singing tenor in 2 local choirs. I’d love to improve my Welsh this way!This sounds very nice…
Mary

I’d love to do this! Will sing soprano or alto - whatever you need.
susan_pierce@icloud.com

Hi Ceri
Ive tried the different parts and my pitch seems to fit with tenor - I always thought that was for men… I’ve never sung anywhere other than the rugby or the shower but I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:
I’ll have to get a wiggle on I know, I have listened to it on many occasions and have no issues with pronunciations, just need to master the tune.
Karen

Hi Ceri, happy to join the virtual choir, don’t sing in a regular choir but do sing in church, usually manage to pitch at tenor Nigel

1 Like

Hi, Ceri. I have never sang in a choir, but I can sing! If you’re not too close to the deadline I would love a go (I have just seen this in the SSIW email!

1 Like

If I can record and send it in the next 24 hours (hopefully the next 10), would you mind another tenor? I’ve a complicated musical history, and the choirs I’ve been in have put me on alto or soprano, but it’s almost invaribly too high and with soprano I have to sing the octave below, which is almost too low. I can follow the tenor practice though, so I am practising that.

I am sorry I am so late; this month is a bit of a horror, so I only saw the thread yesterday, (and since yesterday, I have seen naught else; it’s very long. :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like

I’m on to it this evening and will get something to you tomorrow. Can I change my name to allanapiago?

1 Like

I’ve been in a bit of a covid fog too - new job frontline etc - I’d love to join if not too late, naturally a low alto but cd cope with tenor part. Do you have the words /harmony pls ?

Pretty much everything is posted somewhere higher up in this thread if you look for it. I don’t know if it’ll help much, but I’ve found the numbers of the posts for some stuff so you can speed up your searches through this thread’s rich history.
Post #180 is a video about how to record. All practice pracks are in post 80. Alto recording tracks are in post 130, Tenor recording tracks are post 100, Bass recording tracks in post 84. Sporano recording track is in post 34. The music for verse 2 is post 113, verse 1 in post 73.

Here’re the words:
Dyma gariad fel y moroedd,
Tosturiaethau fel y lli:
Twysog Bywyd pur yn marw -
Marw i brynu’n bywyd ni.
Pwy all beidio â chofio amdano?
Pwy all beidio â thraethu’i glod?
Dyma gariad nad â’n angof
Tra fo nefoedd wen yn bod.

Ar Galfaria yr ymrwygodd
Holl ffynhonnau’r dyfnder mawr;
Torrodd holl argaeau’r nefoedd
Oedd yn gyfain hyd yn awr:
Gras â chariad megis dilyw
Yn ymdywallt ymâ 'nghyd,
A chyfiawnder pur â heddwch
Yn cusanu euog fyd.

3 Likes

Shwmae,
just read in the newsletter that you’re in need of tenors - would a female one help?
I’ve been a soprano, alto or tenor depending on what was needed most for about 30 years now, not the strongest voice but can definitely carry a tune.
Anyway, just let me know if I can help.

This tenor from Arkansas would love to participate. How does my recording need to get to you?
It is presently on my windows based laptop in a Voice Recorder file.
Also, does it need to be separate recordings of each of the stanzas, or one long recording containing both?

1 Like

Detailed instructions are available further up this very long thread but here’s Ceri’s YouTube instruction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s8tV0dMto&t=11s
She gave her e-mail ceri.music@gmail.com earlier as the place to send your files.
As a bass, I sent the two verses as separate files.

2 Likes

I’d love to take part of it’s not too late. I usually sing alto. Hope I can master the technical side.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to be part too. I can sing tenor. How can I get the lyrics and music. Thanks, Luke.

1 Like

Hi Luke, all lyrics and music are above in the thread. There is a practice track and recording tracks for each verse for tenor. Go up to the 100th post in the thread for the recording tracks and to the 80th for the practice track.You’ll find the lyrics posted several times as well. Just be sure to get the recoring in before the deadline, 30 Ebrill- that’s to say, tomorrow!

1 Like

Bora da from Arkansas,
I have tenor and Alto tracks headed your way.
Thanks for this wonderful opportunity

2 Likes