Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Hi Ceri i am happy to sing if you can send me the words and music i will be more than happy to be involved

@kenneth-davies, sorry but the closing date was nearly two weeks ago and I can’t accept any new people now. If you had previously joined the thread and hadn’t got round to recording then please just read the thread from the top to see what to do. Hopefully we’ll do another recording at some point so please look out for that. Ceri

For anyone who expressed an interest and is still thinking of sending me a recording, please get those to me ASAP. Last chance is Saturday 16th May.

3 Likes

@nigel-doylejust letting you know the final deadline is Saturday. Everything you need has been posted already above but let me know if you can’t find it.

I listened to the 24 voice recording from further up the thread, and it sounds really good. Looking forward to hearing the final production!

2 Likes

Hi @ceri-francis i have recieved messages from you and i am happy to be involved but as i am new to this i got no dea where to find the recordings or the words and music is there anyway you can guide me to them please so i can get it to you by Sunday as you asked
Thank you
Kenneth

Hi @kenneth-davies, Follow this link and look for things I’ve posted starting with the youtube video:

There are so many comments but if you start with this video and then scroll down to look for the words, music and backing tracks you should find what you need. Let me know if you get stuck.

Annwyl @ceri-francis , I’ve emailed you my tracks at last! The first email you received isn’t the right one but the second two include the correct tracks. I hope they are OK. Let me know if not. Diolch for your patience and all your wonderful hard work - can’t wait to hear the result!

I’m going to put photos in a Google Photos album and send you an access link so you may pick and choose and download them as you wish. XXX

1 Like

Here is a link to an album of the slideshow we displayed at SSiW’s 10th Birthday Party - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOaN79fReqA7ga2K4HIKSo5qSd4oQBTgqzhugzc4VLveIVNFmx25vQKZGAm7ezCKw?key=Mjk4dERHaUNWd09ZTXRkQlVlMExPTFB1VlVNbnRR

Here’s a link to an album containing photos of the 10th birthday party - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPCe_bW4Gq_pl4mJ4pAmBytqWHDRUDKZ9ERmaiYJj63vtU0FtkA1NXhuF1VUjgN5w?key=VVBON2pfck1feVExcTltVDJONzhOWmhNazB2UWVR

And one of me…

4 Likes

O diolch, Catrin. So many happy memories - just when they are so needed. :smiley::smiley:
What a gorgeous picture of my favourite ail-ferch :heart:

1 Like

If you sent me a recording please send me a photo of yourself if you haven’t already. Something close-up is best and I’ll make a collage of everyone who took part. Diolch!

1 Like

Finished at last. Hope all of you who took part received my email. Here are the links so you can share it.

Youtube:

Soundcloud:

Facebook:

Enjoy and please share!

Thanks again to everyone who took part and to everyone who cheered us on along the way.

11 Likes

This is what I’ve just written to Ceri I’m sure she won’t mind me sharing:
Annwyl Ceri

Maureen had to scoop me up off the floor before I was able to answer this. O’n i’n llefen fel baban.
What a wonderful, glorious end result. Everything was perfect. The accompanist, the soloists, the choral balance, the visual presentation and, above all your own consummate professionalism in bringing everything and everyone together. I would never have expected that you could combine our disparate voices to produce such a coherent and moving whole. It’s almost as if you had a huge virtual conductor’s baton.

I have had some magnificent musical experiences since my voice broke 60+ years ago, but none better - no, none as good!

It was a pleasure and privilege being part of this.
Diolch o waelod galon i ti, Ceri. “You’ve made an old man very happy” and, when this goes viral, as I’m sure it will, you will make many, many others happy, too.

Llongyfarchyiadau, Maestra, a diolch yn fawr unwaith eto.

“Dyma gariad” yn wir

Huw

PS - I only spotted on my 5th replaying that you had included my panorama towards the end.You scanned it from right to left - am clyfar.

9 Likes

Fantastic, Ceri. thank you so much for doing this (and for keeping me in the background :smiley: )

2 Likes

@HuwJones has summed it up brilliantly.

Diolch Ceri. What a talent to compile this beautiful song.

I’m so proud to have been a small part of it.

4 Likes

Diolch Huw. Such lovely, kind words and it means so much coming from someone with so much experience. :heart:

1 Like

Your voice blended in really well John. Well done and thank you.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

Absolutely amazing. Thank you for putting this together Ceri, I am so happy to have been a part of it!

1 Like

Fantastic, amazing. What a beautiful song and what a wonderful work you did, Ceri.
Diolch yn fawr.

1 Like