Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Ceri thank you for the beautiful arrangement of the song and for creating the video to accompany it.
Kudos to the violinist and the soloists, it all sounds amazing and I feel really proud to be a small part of it.
Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this project you are the best.

1 Like

Thank you @ceri-francis. When I heard it yesterday I was near to tears. I’m so proud to be part of this.
Your skill in pulling it altogether is so professional. Well done.

1 Like

The final result is wonderful! Thank you so much for doing this, @ceri-francis. I haven’t sung in a choir since I left school, so I’m really glad I could take part… I will be sharing it with all my friends because it’s so uplifting and shows what’s possible with a little ingenuity though I’m sure a lot of hard work was involved on your part. Diolch o galon! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Diolch @ruthandjan @ken @margarethall @brigitte @NicholeK for your kind words. It was such a fun thing to do. xx

1 Like

I sent the link to a friend who sings in a choir in the Basque Country and he’s passed it on to the leader of the choir!! Very impressed with not just the performance, but how beautiful the song is. They do sing international songs in the choir, so who knows? Maybe you’ll get an invitation to go and teach it to them, Ceri :star_struck:

4 Likes

This email came through to Admin!

Dear Ceri and Virtual choir of SSiW (Say Something in Welsh),

I hope this email finds you well. Just to let you know that we will be playing the Dyma Gariad by William Rees recording by Virtual Choir of SSiW (Say Something in Welsh) during the Capel y Boro Zoom service this Sunday at 11am. Please see details below and feel free to forward the link and details to choir members, SSiW and supporters.

Diolch yn fawr

Neil

Neil Evans

Capel y Boro

Llundain

Zoom to Capel y Boro this Sunday 7 June at 11am

https://bbc.zoom.us/j/93875788504

Service for Trinity and Creation Sunday

Wele’n Sefyll Rhwng y Myrtwydd (Cwm Rhondda)

A celebration of the poems and hymns of Ann Griffiths

image.png

Music and words by the great Welsh hymn writer, mystic and poet Ann Griffiths (1776–1805) with masterpieces inspired by the Creation and Trinity

Ann Griffiths’s Wele’n Sefyll Rhwng y Myrtwydd / Rhyfedd, rhyfedd gan angylion / I Saw Him Standing (Yr Arglwydd Iesu) translated by Rowan Williams

Music includes Dyma Gariad by William Rees from Virtual Choir of SSiW (Say Something in Welsh) / Haydn’s Creation / Stainer God So Loved the World from ‘The Crucifixion’

Poems by Samuel Taylor Coleridge / Ted Hughes / R Williams Parry

Readings from Genesis (The Creation) / Salm 8 / Song of Solomon / Zecharia / Isaiah

Well loved hymns including In Memoriam (Arglwydd Iesu Arwain F’Enaid) / All Creatures of our God and King / Eternal Father strong to save

Join on Zoom from 10.30am, Service starts at 11am

The programme will follow on the next email. See you Sunday!

image.png

10 Likes

I had so many people comment when I shared this. It came out so well, and so beautifully. I even had one or two say it brought a tear to their eye (some of whom know no Welsh), and you can’t get a higher accolade than that!

6 Likes

Neil has sent an email and the complete text of the service in Capel y Boro mentioned above. It sounds like they had a lovely day!

Dear Friends

Please find attached your complete replay guide to last Sunday’s Trinity and Creation Service and celebration of Ann Griffiths.

This fully illustrated booklet includes links to the hymns and musical recordings as well as texts, translations and programme notes on the featured writers - plus the wonderful photograph and vintage recording of Cwm Rhondda, which Mike sourced for us, from the Borough Welsh Choir in the 1920s. Enjoy!

Diolch yn fawr

Neil

Video Service Boro 7 June 2020 Replay - final full texts and guide.pdf (892.1 KB)

3 Likes