Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Hi Ceri, this is such a fun thing to do and you have explained it all so well on the video.
I sing alto but I might try to record the soprano version too depending on how it goes!
Thanks for providing the opportunity to be part of a virtual choir singing this beautiful song.

1 Like

That’s great Ruth - looking forward to either or both. :blush:

Hi Ceri
I am not a natural singer like a lot of your responses back, but would like to join in. I am new to speaking and learning Welsh so may struggle with the pronunciation of the words in the song.
Laraine

1 Like

Best thing is to listen and sing along many times before recording. When you come to record try not to read the pronunciation like a non Welsh speaker (moderator edit) - eg with the word pwy - it’s “poy” not pwee! Try to notice things like that and you’ll learn loads of helpful things in the process. If necessary write down how you think the word sounds. Have a go when you feel ready and send it to me. I can point out anything that doesn’t seem right. :smile:

Ok - so since writing that Huw has posted out I was wrong on this. Just listen to Nia saying the words. It’s posted somewhere above.

Was the music I posted enough? I started making a video but haven’t had time to check it.

Send me the words please Ceri & I’ll see if I can get the tune right. I’ll have to learn it by ear as I can’t read music.

with the word pwy - it’s “poy” not pwee!

I have to differ here (with respect, of course)
I say something like “poo-ee” with the vowels running into each other almost like a diphthong. I don’t say anything close to poy, though. Pronunciation varies so widely, that the best hope IMO, is that the result of all our accents combined will just about sound right. :smile:

(Don’t get me started on “mewn”) :laughing:

1 Like

They were on there already somewhere but it’s such a long thread it’s hard to find anything. Looking forward to hearing you Daz :blush:Dyma Gariad Words.pdf (14.6 KB)

Ah ok. Sorry!

Please don’t apologise - mine is but one Cardi voice :smile:

1 Like

Two wobbly bass verses on the way by e-mail - “On the Wings of Song” :laughing:

Great. Thanks Huw. Looking forward to it.

Hello, I realised yesterday that I hadn’t posted the music for the 2nd verse. Sorry it’s really untidy (basically I recycled v 1 and just changed a few things) but hope it’s legible and useful to anyone who would like it.

1 Like

@Daz @laraine @ruthandjan @jessica-7 @clare-s-simmons @franclarke @sue-21 @Garys @mary-5 @Gog

If you think you’ve already sent me a recording please let me know. I don’t want to miss anyone out.

It would help me to get as many recordings this week as I’ll have less time once I get back into homeschooling next week. Please let me know if you need anything else from me to help you. Diolch!

@steveeley @sonia @judigait @amandalaing @Sionned @keianais @mintonman @Spaice02 @camilla-3 @paul-fuhrmeister

If you think you’ve already sent me a recording please let me know. I don’t want to miss anyone out.

It would help me to get as many recordings this week as I’ll have less time once I get back into homeschooling next week. Please let me know if you need anything else from me to help you. Diolch!

@judith-lewis @andrewrees @margaretthomas @lornarhodes @ken @hannahtrower @aliC @Deborah-SSi @margarethall @robertwestacott

@lovefibre @Onion @Hendrik @Liz-Price @david-44 @kirsty-ward @paul-fuhrmeister

1 Like

Mine should definitely have arrived by now - might be worth checking your junk mail. :smile:

Sori Ceri, I just haven’t had time to do it yet. I’ll try to get to it this week, I promise.

I sent mine over earlier today :slightly_smiling_face: