Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Yes, I’ve got yours. I didn’t recognise your user name :smile: thanks.

Yes, I’ve got yours. I didn’t mean to tag you. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Ceri
As much as I would love to be part of this seswin canu, I am feeling a bit stressed as I just cannot get the pronunciation right , so will drop out. But diolch.
Laraine

@laraine You know not much shows up when there are enough people involved. But please don’t be stressed. Have a go if you’d like to try but if it’s too much no worries at all.:blush:

1 Like

Sori @ceri-francis, will get it done this week. x

1 Like

If not too late to join, I’d like to try @ceri-francis - depending on both voice and technology working though!!

1 Like

@ann-6 It’s not too late. I’m just hoping to get quite a lot done this week as it’s school holidays So I’m not home schooling on top on other things.

1 Like

Ceri, I’m looking for the alto backing track. I can see the alto practice track, and I can see the alto backing track that is labelled ‘do not use’, and I can see recent tenor and bass backing tracks. I’ve scrolled up and down a few times but can’t see anything else.

Here’s the link @judigait , it’ll be the 2nd half of each verse for altos (like me) : https://soundcloud.com/ceri-francis/dyma-gariad-alto-practice-track

@judigait @carin-harris

I don’t know where it went to but the thread is messy now. Sorry. Caz posted the practice track again. The recording tracks are these. My alto is quieter so hopefully won’t put you off.

oops sorry my bad :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been busy with work, but I’m going to try to work on this tonight! Some singing will be a good way to wind down, I think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant timing! Dw’in gweithio rwan… Diolch!

1 Like

Hi Ceri,

Sent mine this evening

1 Like

Ill try and get it done Thursday

1 Like

I’ve just now emailed my two bass voice recordings to you. Diolch yn fawr iawn!

I’ve emailed my recordings. I’ve done the soprano and also had a go at the alto. I’ve not done any serious singing for years and I’m rather out of practice, also the hay fever sniffles didn’t help, so if they’re not good enough to use, I won’t be offended!

Good luck with editing everything together.

@ceri-francis I have sent 2 files for bass backing on both verses to your email address

@Onion Great I’ll look out for them. Sorry to ask but what is your name - I haven’t seen an email from “onion” :smile:

1 Like

Hello

Thanks for all the recordings that have been coming in. They are all so good and I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to reply to everyone personally yet. I’m working my way through everything and, as some of you know already, I will come back to you if anything needs to be changed. There’s just one thing that I need to mention as it has cropped up a few times:

• please only sing one part (soprano, alto etc) on each recording. A few people have started with the tune, which is lovely, but then switched to tenor or alto etc part way through. I can cut up the part and move things around but it causes a problem for me in terms of balancing the various parts because someone on the tune is suddenly vanishing. I would like to encourage everyone to have a go on the main tune - males and females singing the same thing together - and if you want to record a harmony too that is wonderful but please do it on a separate recording as per the original instructions.

I would love to have more guys on the tune - i.e. sing what the sopranos sing but lower down.

One more thing, if anyone is stuck and wants to chat anything through or practise with me I can set up a hangout. Let me know if that would be helpful.

4 Likes