Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Just sent my track over. Feel free to brush me out of it with the mixer. I won’t know anyway.

Thank you @ceri-francis for all the work you have put in.

@ken
Hi Ken I’ve just replied to you by email.

I won’t know anyway.

“Beyond our Ken” you mean :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello everyone

Please have a listen to this little bit of our recording. It’s just 24 voices at the moment and I’ve taken the piano out so you can enjoy the voices. It still needs more tidying up here and there - ends of words, cutting out background noises etc - but I’m pleased with how it sounds. I’m trying to fix things as I go along which is why I haven’t managed to put everyone in who has sent me a recording yet. There is still time to do a recording but please make sure you send me your files by the end of April.

Ceri

13 Likes

Good work, Ceri. Dal Ati :smile:

1 Like

I’ll do it soon, sorry… :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s sounding really good. I’m looking forward to hearing the finished song.

1 Like

Thank you @margarethall

Hi Ceri, Ian Bell yw fy enw i go iawn. e-bost ian844@…
My recording had a lot of clicks “like a horse running down a cobbled street”, which i think was the internal fan. If you need me to re-record it I’ll see if i can record it on my phone. Does it need to be recorded on audacity or could i use the voice recorder on my phone? Also, if you want more voices singing the tune i could try dropping the soprano an octave

Love the 24 voices clip Ceri, what an achievement for you,da iawn ,ardderchog ,I’m glad to be in it. Some lovely voices in there. Can’t wait for the finished version- to share and shout to my friends/ family “look what I did”. To anyone wavering if I did it anyone can do it!

2 Likes

@Onion, I haven’t got to your recording yet. If there are clicks that might be a problem. I’ll get back to you when I’ve played it. I had originally suggested people use phones to avoid the whirring of the computer. There’s a link to a video somewhere above explaining everything. please don’t do any more till I’ve had a listen but, yes, I do want men to sing the tune an octave down in addition to or instead of harmonies. thank you :blush:

I used a phone to record my voice. I listened to the piano/voice track on my tablet using earbuds and then recorded on the phone. I actually use an app I downloaded (RecForge II, which is for Android), but the app that came with your phone is probably fine and it avoids any fan noise from a computer.

1 Like

I’ll let you have the tune (down an octave) before the end of tomorrow. I’m intrigued to hear how that will affect the overall balance. :smile:

1 Like

@HuwJones
It’s just like a normal unison - men an octave down from ladies. I don’t mean I want you singing below the bass line as that wouldn’t be great. At the moment I’ve got lots of ladies singing the tune so I want to add more male voices help it blend better. That’s my hope anyway.

No, No. That’s why I said “I’ll let you have the tune (down an octave)”
I can only sing Basso Profundo if I smoke several cigars and drink half a bottle of Scotch the night before. :laughing:
I think it will help to reproduce the sound typically heard in a good Welsh chapel and you can’t get much better than that. :smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone else used something other than Audacity to record? I’m used to using it, t’s what we use to record SSiW lessons, but our PC (which is where we have Audacity) is in the chalet where my father in law is currently residing, so grabbing quiet time in there to record is really difficult at present.

I didn’t realise that Audacity isn’t available for download on Android or Chromebook, which is what I use in the house. :slight_smile:

Here’s a list of Android substitutes for the excellent Audacity in which Timbre seems to be the leader. I can’t endorse any of them, though.

1 Like

Diolch Huw! I shall have a look. X

Jiw, mae Audacity yn clyfar! :smile: I’ve just been practising with Ceri’s soprano part of the melody to prepare my octave lower version, but found the piano part drowned out her lovely voice on my equipment. So after a lot of fiddling and consulting the manual, I’ve managed to subdue the piano and accentuate her voice. I’m still on target for delivering the melody (dropped one octave) by tomorrow night. :crossed_fingers::smile:

1 Like

Wow, just wow, Ceri and the 24 voices: this sounds great! Love it. X

1 Like