Virtual Spanish Meetups!

Thank you David. I shall do my best to be there. Although I’m in theory further down the track I feel pretty useless when it comes to real conversation.

I think I should be able to join in… hopefully I have the timing correct!!!

Hi @david-davies just to let you know that I might not be able to attend the meetup next Tuesday, the 7th. Sorry

Hi @roysutcliffe ok thanks for letting me know, hopefully see you the next time after that.

Thanks @david-davies I do plan to be there on the 14th.

Hi folks, meeting invite for the Spanish Vitual Meetup tomorrow at 7.30pm (19:30) UK time.

David Davies is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Spanish SSi virtual meetup
Time: Jul 7, 2020 07:30 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 327 676 9019
Password: bamos06

1 Like

Thanks @david-davies, just to remind I probably shan’t be able to attend.

Gracias!

Mucho gracias @david-davies .

Muchas gracias @lin-2. Voy a practicar por semana proxima!

1 Like

Are you still doing these zoom meetings on Tuesdays at 7:00?
I’ve got the meeting ID and password so I’ll give it at try.

Joyce H

1 Like

I’m hoping so @Joycee and @david-davies. I messed up a bit on Tues as I felt suddenly very nervous, which was embarrassing. I’d certainly like another try.
One of the fun aspects was that David and I are both learning Welsh (SSiW wrth gyrs) and switched to Welsh which flowed in a very entertaining way!
Hopefully a Martes!

1 Like

Hola folks (in particular @joycee, @lin-2 and @roysutcliffe who I can see have mentioned an interest in a call today), very sorry I won’t be joining this evening, my mother in law died at the weekend so I have to get on with other things - I meant to post this sooner sorry - so you could make other arrangements! This also means that the zoom meeting won’t be open - please consider if one of you would like to set up and run a different zoom meeting instead - if you Google “zoom” it is relatively easy to get an ID and set up meetings. Please also have a think about this longer term as I’m also getting busier (back to normal) at work again and may start to struggle to be a regular.

Hola @david-davies. Lo siento. I’m so very sorry to read this. My condolences to you and your family.

I will give some thought to setting up a Zoom meeting, but not today.

All good wishes @Joycee, @roysutcliffe @david-davies and all. Stay well xx

Okay no worries this week. I’ll wait for a few more weeks till I feel more able to have a Spanish conversation then see if anyone else wants to have a go.

@david-davies please accept my condolences to yourself and your family. @lin-2 thank you for the good wishes. I’ll be ready to join you as soon as you want to set up a meeting.

Hola @lin-2 and @roysutcliffe very kind of you, thank you.

1 Like

Are you guys having g virtual Spanish meet ups ? Perhaps I could join in? I am not a confident or competent speaker but I am trying to learn😀

1 Like

Hi @susan-mcdonald, I don’t know if the opportunity has passed but Sharon Powers, @teri and I have a Zoom call for a Spanish chat every Wednesday at 3 p.m. UK time. As far as I am concerned you are welcome to join us. Let me know your email and I will send you an invite. If you don’t want to publish your email here, my email is annandroy@ntlworld.com. Send me your email address there if you like.

1 Like

Brilliant! And I’ll know to point people here when they ask about online Spanish conversation opportunities.

To avoid showing email addresses, you can always click on the person’s name, then click the ‘Message’ option in the little box that pops up :slight_smile:

1 Like