Visiting Oxford?

Hi @rebecca - One further thought:@Cat-1, who lives near Kirtlington, also finds having to make arrangements for childcare effectively rules out coming to the 5.30 meet-ups. Do you think if the two of you were to meet up together with children, it might allow both of you to practise a bit of Cymraeg while still keeping a watchful eye out/ear open?
Otherwise, I should be able to make a lunchtime meetup on most days in the couple of weeks remaining now before the school holidays but it might have to be just me unless we’re lucky
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

I work part-time to fit in with childcare - could probably make a Thursday or Friday lunchtime in term-time.

1 Like

Yes! I’m completely happy to come and meet up any daytime for a bit of Welsh chatter! :smile:
PM me @rebecca if you want to organise something, either in school time, or with lots of kids in the holidays - either or both are fine with me!

1 Like

Thanks @johnwilliams_6! @cat-1 I would be well up for a meet-up with kids (mine are 7 and 5) if you fancy it - though looking at your posts, your Welsh is more advanced than mine.

I’m also away for the school hols, but I’d be able to meet for lunch in Oxford on 12th, 14th, 19th, or 20th :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At the moment I could meet for lunch on any of Fri 14th, Wed 19th or Thurs 20th - do those dates fit in with you as well @cat-1 @RichardBuck ?

4 Likes

I could do either Fri 14th or Thursday 20th.

Shall we say lunchtime this Friday 14th Jul then @rebecca @cat-1 @RichardBuck ?
What time shall we meet and where (I suspect the Jericho Cafe’s is going to be a bit too crowded at lunchtime)? Suggestions welcome!
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Might be able to make the 14th (the only doubt being a teacher’s leaving do in the morning, which may be long or short, who knows?), so let me know where you decide and I’ll do my best! :smile:

Yay! Possible venues: Museum of Modern Art cafe, Chaing Mai (pricier but usually quiet if you get there for when it opens at 12), or an indoor pub lunch at a pub with a garden if the weather’s nice (or sitting outdoors if it’s wet, for an authentic Welsh experience) …

2 Likes

Any of those would be OK with me, but shall we plump for 12 at the Museum of Modern Art cafe unless @cat-1 @RichardBuck have other thoughts?

1 Like

Caffi MOMA at 12 sounds fine by me.

1 Like

Me Too!

Funny man @johnwilliams_6 - no room for thoughts in this brain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Will do my best to be there. :grinning:

3 Likes

@johnwilliams_6 @cat-1 @RichardBuck it just occurred to me to ask how I’ll recognise you? Should I make myself visible by wearing one of my children’s ddraig goch hats? :smile:

1 Like

Ddraig goch hats always welcome! I’ll try and remember to have something distinctive with me though

2 Likes

I was joking but I’m actually going to wear it now :smile:

2 Likes

Not able to make it today - sorry pawb! Bit of a shame - I was looking forward to the hat @rebecca :grinning:

Bad luck @cat-1 ! Maybe we could think about a lunchtime meetup next week as well, as Thurs 20th also seemed to work for @rebecca and @RichardBuck ?

Sorry to hear you won’t make it @cat-1! Next Thursday would still work for me @johnwilliams_6 … if you’re not completely put off by the standard of my Welsh today :confused: The hat is ready…

2 Likes

I get to see the hat! YAY! :laughing:

3 Likes