Volunteer '5 Minute' Listeners

Hello, I am looking for someone to listen to me speaking in Welsh please?

Hello @thomas-jones-1 and @miki-miyata-lee, Iā€™m looking for someone too. Iā€™m doing the North course and Iā€™m on week 20 of level 1. I can do most days between 9:30 and 2:30 although on Tuesdays and Thursdays I can guarantee that a baby wonā€™t try to join in.

Iā€™d be happy to listen to either of you, if you donā€™t mind a mis-match in level @thomas-jones-1. @miki-miyata-lee what level are you at?

Diolch. Iā€™m on Level 2 North but am very happy to speak to anyone. The more the better; it definitely all helps.
Will msg tomorrow.

Hi Julia and @thomas-jones-1
I am on week 20 level 1, the north but live in Cardiff. I can do during the lunch break, between 12 30 and 13 30, normally. Donā€™t mind your baby joining in, I have been there before myself through my kids are in their teenā€™s now.

Diolch
Miki

Hi everyone / anyone
I need a Welsh listener for my practice sentences. Iā€™m on Level 1 and struggling to find anyone locally because of lockdown. If anyone can give me a regular slot on a Tuesday or Thursday, Iā€™d be grateful. Happy to phone you.

Bore da Ruth,
I am also looking for a Welsh listener. It sounds as if we are at a similar stage (Challenge 19). I live in Germany as well as being in lockdown so it could be nigh on impossible to find another Welsh speaker here! Is Zoom or Skype an option for you?

@glenis-goodman Iā€™m tagging @ruth-livingstone so that she sees your message, by putting an @before her name (just like Iā€™ve done with yours). This way she will get a notification that youā€™ve replied to her - especially important after a gap of a fortnight.

2 Likes

OK - thank you, Alan. Although Ruth has already sent me a message and I have replied to that.

1 Like

I would like to find a partner to practise with online please. I am at Challenge 21 but also learnt a bit of Welsh in school which is slowly coming back to me. I work so ideally looking for someone who is free on a weekday evening. Diolch yn fawr.

Anyone out there to help with the 10 minutes speaking sentences, Iā€™m on challenge 6 level 2, both my partners have let me down, I can only do mornings, or anytime Sunday as Iā€™m shifts this week. I feel like Iā€™m lagging behind as with shifts I donā€™t have time for the zoom meetings. Thank you in advance.

Hello,
Iā€™m on Level 1, progressing slowly but surely and Iā€™m now looking for someone to share the sentences with, having reached that point in Week 20!
I live in North Wales and doing the North course.
Iā€™m free most days so happy to fit in with anyoneā€™s arrangements if necessary.
Diolch,
Paul

Hi, Iā€™m looking for someone to practice sharing sentences with please.
I have recently started Level 2 of the south course.
Iā€™m free for about 20 mins most weekday evenings. Thanks!

Pnawn Da Aran
Would you be willing to listen to me speaking Cymraeg please?
I have actually come to the end of level 1 and completed challenge 25 on the App.
however I have not yet done any recordings, I am happy to do them all if you are happy to listen.
Diolch yn fawr Iawn

Bob Serebriakoff

Hi Irena,

@irena: Have you found a listener? if not, shall we try to figure something out? I have a pretty flexible schedule.

Iā€™m doing the North Wales program, so Iā€™m looking for someone also doing North Wales.

Judy

Hello Judy, Iā€™ve got two listeners now, so I did find one. Thereā€™s also someone called Phil who is very helpful, Iā€™ll look for his link and send it to you. I would do it with you, but Iā€™m back in work on late shifts, so I donā€™t have much free time. Good look, and thank you for getting in touch. Diolch.

Hi Irena, glad you found some listening!

So Iā€™m still looking for a listener. I have flexible work hours, so suggest a time when youā€™ve got 20 minutes and Iā€™m likely to be able to join you.

Judy

Hi, all,

Iā€™m still looking! Iā€™m in the States. Any time on Sunday before 6pm Eastern time, 10pm GMT in the UK. MTWTF, before 2pm Eastern, 6pm GMT; or I can take a break from work after 6pm Eastern, 10 pm GMT.

Iā€™m at level one, challenge 20, North Wales.

Judy

Hello! Iā€™m Geoff and am working through Level One Challenge 19 (South Wales version). Is there anyone who is prepared to listen to me speaking my practice sentences for 5 minutes? Best done through online video link.
Thanks

Completed the Going Pink test. In under 5 mins. I was looking for SLACK? but I canā€™t find it. I wonder could someone point me in the right directionā€¦

If you send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com with WSP in the title, theyā€™ll send you an invite to the Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack. You should receive an invite to the sister group 6/6 (especially for those on the structured course) automatically in one of your course emails. :slight_smile: