Volunteer '5 Minute' Listeners

Shwmae

Would anyone be willing to listen to or share sentences with me, ideally this evening or sometime tomorrow?

Pob hwyl

Neil

Neil, I am available this evening if you have time. I am on mainland European time.

Sorry Breandan - I have only just seen this. I am teaching on an intensive course at the moment, so not checking in as often as I used to. How about later today?

No worries. Unfortunately the next two days I have evening classes. We can try a later date just for general practice if you happen to find another listener.

Sā€™mae, Iā€™ve just completed challenge 19 and need a listening partner, Iā€™m learning North. Is there anyone whoā€™d like to share?

Just in case anyone hasnā€™t yet found a ā€˜5 minute listenerā€™, Iā€™m usually around on the WSP Slack channel on Thursdays, morning and evening. Iā€™m happy to listen to sentences, and nudge a bit of extra chat out of you!

2 Likes

Sorry Bronwen, you were the only reply I got and I didnā€™t read it in time.

hello Polly, if you need someone to listen to you, Iā€™d be ready.

Hello Brigitte, thank you, that would be good. I donā€™t know how we go about itā€¦

Hi all. Im a bit behind on the task stuff for the last couple of weeks. I live in the wilds of Yorkshire so not many welsh speakers!

Is thee anyone who would be up for listening/trading sentences for weeks 20-22?

Skype or whatever

Cheers
Phil

Hi, I have reached Task 19/week 20 in the two year course. Thatā€™s ā€˜reachedā€™ in body but not in skill level. I donā€™t have a five minute set of sentences yet, nor a partner but am looking for someone patient to possibly practise with. I am doing the South course, am from Wales but live in Eastbourne currently.

Helo Andrew. I ā€œfinishedā€ the 6 month South at the end of last year. I never did do sentence swapping because timing did not work out. Thought Iā€™d offer to help yet I am in US and timezone is Eastern. I am most available at 10PM-12AM your time on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on the week.
I am on the SSiW6/6 and WSP slack groups as ā€œDCā€ if you wish to chat.

Hello, As I am in York, I have no lovely Welsh speakers to talk to.
I have not braved the slack drop-in sessions partly due to timing and partly due to feeling I will go blank and also not being sure of the technology.
If anyone is happy to listen I am just about to start week 20 and would like to swap sentences.

Best of luck with finding someone soon Lisa - I hope you get some replies! :slight_smile:

Hi Lisa! Iā€™d love to swap sentences. Are you on Slack? (Asking because itā€™s very easy to call each other there.)
We can try tonight or tomorrow morning, if you have time. Iā€™m Irina on Slack too. Just message me there and Iā€™ll get online in a few minutes.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m currently on level one week 10 and Iā€™d love to find a volunteer to hear my sentences.
PS Iā€™m not sure this is the right place/ way to ask as Iā€™m hopeless with technology!

Good luck with finding someone to practise with @jane-39! :slight_smile:

Hi, @Jane-39! Iā€™m usually on Slackā€™s Welsh Practice group most Thursdays, (including tomorrow) and happy to have a little chat, and hear peopleā€™s sentences. I can also hook up with people via the 6/6 Support group, or on Skype, if easierā€¦

Thanks so much that would be great. Im being really stupid but Iā€™m not sure how to access the Welsh practice group on slack or the 6_/6 support group. Iā€™ve had a look and I m stuck! Whatā€™s aaaarrgh in Cymraeg?!

No, youā€™re not being stupid, just new to our ways! Iā€™ve sent you a private message, with a few details.