Washington, DC: Saturday 1 May 2021 next monthly meetup (via Zoom!)

Just bumping this message up as a reminder: Washington DC meetup is on for this Saturday, 6 February! Full details in the first post of the thread.

Croeso i bawb! Everybody welcome!

1 Like

And like clockwork, here comes our monthly Washington DC meetup: this Saturday, 5 March. Come prepared to share how you used your Welsh on St. David’s Day! Full details of time and place in the first post of the thread. Come on down!

1 Like

And it’s time agin! Next monthly Washington DC meetup is this Saturday, 2 April. Full details of time & place are in the first post of this thread. Come join us!

1 Like

And we’re on as usual for this Saturday, 7 May! If you’re in DC, come have a cuppa and a sgwrs. Full details in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

Another month, another meetup in Washington, D.C. – this Saturday, 4 June! Details in the first post of this thread. Dewch yn llu! Everybody come!

2 Likes

Aaand we’re on for our monthly meetup in Washington, D.C. – this Saturday, July 2nd, 10:30-noon, Teaism Penn Quarter as usual. Full details in the first post of this thread!

1 Like

It’s that time! Our monthly Welsh conversation group in Washington, D.C. meets this Saturday morning, August 6th. Full details in the first post of this thread.

Come complain about how you were robbed of the Crown or Chair at this week’s National Eisteddfod . . . or come ask what exactly those things are. All welcome!

1 Like

It’s coming, it’s coming…

After a month off, our regular first-Saturday-of-the-month Welsh conversation group in downtown Washington, DC resumes next Saturday (October 1st, 2016) at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30-noon. Full details in the first post of this thread. All welcome!

It was great to meet Lyle, anither SSIWer, at last weekend’s Fredericksburg Welsh Festival. C’mon SSIW folks in or near our nation’s capital, join the fun!

1 Like

Yep, we are ON for this weekend: Our regular first-Saturday-of-the-month Welsh conversation group in downtown Washington, DC is this Saturday (Nov. 5th) at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30-noon. Full details in the first post of this thread. All welcome! Come learn how to talk about the election – or how to put off people who want to talk about the election – yn Gymraeg!

1 Like

Yo gang, we’re on as usual for this Saturday (Dec. 3rd) at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30 - noon. Come one, come all! Full details in first post of the thread.

1 Like

@tahl I know you have now met, but at your next meeting, would you be kind enough to ask any who have not signed the petition for fair funding for S4C, if they would do so? I would be very grateful. Diolch yn fawr. Nadolig Llawen!
Link is:

I wish I had taken a look at the forum sooner- and I happen to love Teaism as well! I will have to come say hello after the holidays :smiley:

2 Likes

Certainly I will, syniad da!

Terrifc, please do! We have a lively group. Next meeting is the weekend after New Year’s.

1 Like

Hi I just joined to learn welsh[quote=“tahl, post:1, topic:1225, full:true”]
I will update this thread each month with news of our meetups; look further down the thread for the most recent information.

The first Saturday of every month is the usual date for our lively Welsh conversation group in Washington, D.C. Come join us! We have had up to a dozen folks in recent months, many learning with SSIW.

Next meeting: Sat 1 November 2014 (First Saturday of every month)
10:30 - noon

Teaism at Penn Quarter
400 8th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004
http://www.teaism.com
It’s about a block from the Archives-Navy Memorial Metro station; parking at meters or in nearby pay garages. Buy your food and drink upstairs and then come find us downstairs. Everyone’s welcome!
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, Tshwane - are you in South Africa? Or just from there? :slight_smile:

Shiny New Year, same old (very old) language! This Saturday’s our regular monthly Welsh conversation gathering in Washington, DC – details in first post of this thread. Come join us!

1 Like

Is there a certain conversational level you should have to attend? I just started learning and I wouldn’t want to slow everyone down.

Heatherstorm09, you are very welcome, no matter your language level! Since our goal is world domination, we are always looking to expand.

When we have people present with a wide range of skills, we tend to go back and forth between languages. We’ll stay in Welsh for awhile, and that gives you experience hearing the language, and then we’ll drop into English, or we “narrate” our Welsh. As long as you are happy not to know what’s going on all the time – story of my life – you should be just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aaaand we meet on Saturday (4 February), same batchannel (Teaism Penn Quarter in downtown Washington, D.C.), same battime (10:30-noon). Full details in the first post of this thread!

1 Like