Washington, DC: Saturday 1 May 2021 next monthly meetup (via Zoom!)

Ooh. There used to be at least one (in Brooklyn), but I don’t know if it still meets. If you’ve already poked around here on the site and not found a NYC-area group, what I’d do is write a post with something like “looking for an NYC area meetup!” in the title, and see if you can either find a group, or find one or two folks (that’s all you need!) interested in meeting up and giving it a go.

Pob lwc!

1 Like

Diolch! I’ll give it a try, but I also hope to join one of the DC events when I’m next down in your part of the world.

1 Like

And as Spring FINALLY arrives here in Washington, D.C., so too does our regular monthly Welsh conversation group meetup – this Saturday, May 5th, at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30 - noon. Full details in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

There will be NO June meetup here in Washington, D.C. Why, you ask? Because instead, this weekend, we’re all busy with the many activities (lots of which are free) around the Wales v. South Africa rugby game here! Full details are in this thread.

Our next gathering will be Saturday, July 7th, at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30 - noon. See the first post in this thread for details.

Ymlaen Cymru!

1 Like

A quick bump to remind anyone in the Washington DC area that we are on for our regular monthly meetup this Saturday, 7 July, at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30-noon. Full details in the first post of the thread. Dewch yn llu! Everybody come!

1 Like

What’s that sound I hear? Why, it’s the thunderous approach of this Saturday’s regular monthly meetup in Washington DC – Saturday, 4 August, at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30-noon. Full details in the first post of this thread.

There will be NO September meetup. Why, you ask? Because all of us – including Aran! – will be at www.nafow.org just across the river in Alexandria, Virginia. Full details in this thread.

1 Like

After a month off for a fabulous NAFOW, we are back to our regular first-Saturday-of-the-month meetups of the DC area Welsh Conversation Group – this Saturday, 6 October, at Teaism Penn Quarter, 10:30-noon. Full details in the first post of the thread. Come discuss some of the GREAT ideas that Aran and others are posting here on the forum for ways to help North American learners and speakers!

2 Likes

Had a knee-jerk sense that I should be turning up for this… :frowning:

Would be fantastic to get any input on next steps - been a bit busy here the last few weeks, but Doing A Better Job of Helping Groups in America is firmly on our long-term keep-doing list… :slight_smile:

I can’t make this one, Tahl, but if any great ideas/solutions to help North American learners and speakers are derived, please post them.

1 Like

Aaaand our first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup in Washington DC comes around again this Saturday, November 3rd, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in first post of this thread. Dewch yn llu! Come one, come all!

2 Likes

One of these Saturday’s I will show up and join in the fun. Sadly, it won’t be this weekend.

This Saturday – 1 December 2018 – will be our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup in Washington DC, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in first post of this thread. Join us!

2 Likes

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bawb! Happy New Year, everybody – come start it off right by joining us this Saturday, 5 January 2019, at our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup in Washington, DC, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Time, time, time again for our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup – this Saturday, 2 February 2019, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in the first post of this thread. Ymunwch a ni! Join us!

2 Likes

Yup, one day after St. David’s Day, it’s our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup in Washington DC – this Saturday, 2 March 2019, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in the first post of this thread!

1 Like

Am hwyl! It’s time this weekend for our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month meetup in Washington DC – this Saturday, 6 April 2019, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

Hey, who forgot to put up the reminder that the Washington DC Welsh conversation group is meeting this Saturday, 4 May (May the Fourth be with you!), at Teaism Penn Quarter? Oh right, that would be me . . .

Full details in the first post of the thread. Ymunwch a ni!

The Washington DC Welsh conversation group meets this Saturday, June 1st, at Teaism Penn Quarter! All welcome. Full details in the first post of the thread.

1 Like

Aaand yep, the Washington DC Welsh conversation group meets this Saturday, July 6th, at Teaism Penn Quarter. Dewch yn llu! Come one, come all! Full details in the first post of the thread.

1 Like

Almost as exciting as the National Eisteddfod is the regular monthly meeting of the Washington, DC Welsh conversation group — this Saturday, August 3rd, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Full details in the first post. Come join us! A fydd heddwch?