Week 8 Listening Challenge

Hi Everyone - I am currently on challenge 19 and listening to the second listening challenge from week 8. Is there an English transcription for this listening challenge? I noticed there was with the first challenge but can’t find one for this challenge and I am struggling to decipher what is being said in the first part at least.
Any help appreciated.
Diolch

Yes, there is - each listening exercise has transcript and translation - they should be underneath the media file on the lesson page…:slight_smile:

Here they are with Challenge 10, Challenge 15, Challenge 20 and Challenge 25. However, the transcripts/translations open in pop-up window and are not downloadable though. For the whole text, you have to scroll down as it’s too long to fit into the current view.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I don’t have a translation for listening 15 and 20. Is this intentional? I’m on iPad if that makes any difference.

Edit to say I just checked 25 and that is transcript only too. The earlier ones (5 and 10) have the translation so I’m guessing it’s not iPad related.

Hi thomasina,
to be honest, I hadn’t noticed there were translations until now I happened to read your post now!

I had a look (on via computer/browser) and in the Southern version I see only the transcript on 15, 20, 25 just like you.

However, if you go to Northern version (there’s a link at the bottom of the page), you find also the translation.
I haven’t checked, but I guess in English the content of South and North listening exercises is the same - it’s the Welsh version that’s different (not 100% sure, though).

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ve worked most of it out for the one I’m listening to…but definitely worth knowing for next time…there are usually a few new words that catch my ear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Gisella is right - the translations are the same for north and south. However, we should really have the translation with the southern version as well shouldn’t we? Ifan is flat out at the moment, but I’ll try and get it put it on his (already teetering) pile of to-do’s!

2 Likes

If you give it to me, I think I can do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile: I know where they are if I need them now :slight_smile: