Weekly Email Updates and Community Contributions ✉

Do weekly emails still happen? They sound fun! How do you get them?
Just seen that I’ve been on the standard SSIW subscription since 2018. Blimey!
Perhaps there’s a setting I’ve missed. Just let me know!

1 Like

Yes, @Deborah-SSi looks after them at the moment, she’ll be able to add you to the list of recipients. (Actually Deborah, could you add me too? I know I’m on here virtually all the time so didn’t subscribe to them before, but it might be handy to get them anyway!)

1 Like

Diolch Siaron. Props for the super speedy response! That’s awesome. xxxxx

1 Like

@siaronjames @rhiannon-meades this is the opt-in form: http://forms.aweber.com/form/99/904832899.htm

It’s available in the FAQ, if you need to give that information to others, Siaron.

4 Likes

Fab. I’m in the loop now! Diolch, Rhi xxx

1 Like

Thanks Deborah - I didn’t think of looking there!

3 Likes

Dear all, being a self-confessed “grammar nerd” I’m very keen to improve my knowledge of formal, written Welsh. I’m talking about the form of language used in the national anthem and Bible. Gareth King has, of course, been very helpful with this in his comprehensive grammar book.

Could anyone recommend any online courses, books etc?

Many thanks

“Now You’re Talking Welsh” on Youtube is excellent. LearnWelsh.Cymru has some distance learning courses. Also, I invite you to learn with me on Youtube, the more the merrier!

https://www.youtube.com/c/JenXOfficialEDM/videos

:heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Many thanks indeed for your helpful reply. I’ve started checking out those resources :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for watching! Welsh is such a beautiful language!

Nawr te😂

hi,
Cacen would like to wish everyone/group a very merry Christmas

Nadolig Llawen

3 Likes

Nadolig Llawen to all in our steadfast and always-to-be-relied-upon CACEN group :star2: :christmas_tree: :tada:

This week’s email will be sent out a little later than usual today as we’ve been updating our email provider account. Diolch for your patience. :slight_smile:

The weekly email for this week will be going out tomorrow, Thursday the 21st of March, instead of today.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Further apologies from me I’m afraid! :see_no_evil:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be no weekly email this week after all. But next week’s promises to be a bumper issue!

Diolch again for your patience. :heart:

Dear all,

Apologies, but there won’t be a weekly email this week and possibly next week. Our emailing system is down and though there’s much firefighting going on behind the scenes, it’s quite possible that the problem we’re having won’t be resolved till next week.

Diolch for your patience and please remember that you can continue to advertise learner events on this forum and Slack.

Diolch. :heart:

1 Like

Just a bit of constructive critisism: it may be just me, but I think this link is way too hidden. It would be more convenient if it were at least in the topic starting message? But I finally found it so I’m subscribing, yay! :slight_smile:

Good point! I’ve edited Catrin’s initial post to include the opt-in link :slight_smile: