Welsh after lights out!

Dw i’n mwynhau dysgu Cymraeg, ond…
During the challenges, my mind struggles to remember the words but as soon as sleep calls, suddenly I become a linguist! Bits of French and German thrown in for good measure! Am I alone in my nocturnal Cymraeg antics, silently speaking to myself!? Can anyone share a Welsh lullaby to ease me off to sleep? :slight_smile: wedi blino!

You won’t find a much lovelier lullaby the Ar Hyd y Nos and you won’t find a much lovelier rendition than Bryn Terfel’s There’s quite a long intro, but it’s worth waiting. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Sounds good! Diolch!

I couldn’t sleep so I was going over vocab in my head. Annoyingly I couldn’t remember the write meanings when I woke. Now and again they’ll be a snippet of welsh in my dream last night included :joy: but all I remember now is llawer

1 Like

I know I’m reviving a really old thread here but I’ve just started learning and I’m finding the same. As soon as I put my head down, lights off Welsh phrases just keep popping into my head. It actually irritated me enough tonight that I couldn’t finish a sentence because I hadn’t learnt the word for something yet that I grabbed my phone to look it up.

1 Like

Yup, definitely the same. Last night’s Welsh wondering was ‘is darllenwch’ the command version of darllen or is it something different.’ couldn’t relax until I’d checked :slight_smile: