Welsh in Wales

We are there on Friday, and I’ve found it on the map, so hopefully we will be there. Thanks for suggesting it.

2 Likes

Have you heard of Saith Seren in Wrexham? There’s a Grwp Sgwrsio there every Monday night which is well attended by welsh speakers of all levels. you would be very welcome there I know.

2 Likes

I haven’t, thanks for letting me know!!

I’m very surprised that no-one else has mentioned it. Enjoy.

Mae hwn yn wych!! :relieved:

oh hyfryd/lovely … that area used to be either called “powys fadog” … “maelor” … or “tegeingl” (see link below) … but I cant tell in which…as Caer to Wrecsam is still too vague to pinpoint :slight_smile:

Well I can identify with the bottling out. I went to the Llanrwst Eisteddfod the other week. I spoke to a few in Welsh for a sentence or two, but my future colleagues I met there were all fluent or native speakers and trying to break in at their speed was beyond me.
No escape from next Monday. We’re moving to Abergele and I start work as soon as our furniture arrives from NZ. I’ve just finished level 3. I chair my first meeting in Welsh in a couple of weeks. Thanks SSIW. You’ve been a fantastic way in to the language.

7 Likes

That is absolutely brilliant. If only Warren Gatland had had your attitude!

1 Like

Yeah the way it worked for me was when I stopped trying too hard. I think that being tense tended to just make matters worse.
Trying to be more relaxedApart from that, it takes a while for your ear to tune into a local accent. Even in English - try understanding my inlaws :grimacing:

1 Like