Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Surreal! But in a good way! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Free album - A collection of Dyl Mei’s solo work over the years. Some absolute top quality pop songs here.

2 Likes

If anyone wants carolau nadolig, can I recommend the Ysgol Glan Clwyd album, Nos Nadolig Yw

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone here uses Spotify but they have quite a bit of Welsh music on there, including my new favourite band Fleur de Lys! If anyone is on there with a Welsh play list maybe you would share the details and I can follow?

1 Like

Unfortunately Spotify is geo-restricted and available to some choosen countries among which Slovenia surely isn’t so I have to say I’m sorry but I can’t use it (despite I’m persuading them for about 3 or 4 years already to make it possible for us to use).

2 Likes

That’s rubbish! Keep nagging them, fingers crossed for you it works :+1:

2 Likes

This is a cân hyfryd:

2 Likes

I’m not particularly into Welsh music, but I saved this a while ago - and was playing it the other day, with the prospect of a bootcamp in the spring! (A great deal of variety here!)

One Welsh singer I rather adore is Lleuwen Steffan:

I’d be quite interested in anyone else’s favourite playlists too.

1 Like

Lots of bluegrass musicians in my family. :slight_smile:

I went into YouTube looking for music I would enjoy. I like anything that’s fun to listen to while house cleaning :smile: These are the songs I found that I love to clean to:

Abacus by Bryn Fon
Un Funud Fach by Bryn Fon
Adra by Gwyneth Glyn
Can Y Tan by Y Bandana
Da Ni Nol by Frizbee
Sebona Fi by Yws Gwynedd

and my favorite, which I listen to while drinking my coffee, Coffi Du by Gwibdaith Hen Fran. Thanks for listening, and happy cleaning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The great Welsh band, The Alarm, also released a Welsh version of their album change, I recently discovered. The songs are also on youtube, absolutely great band and album in my humble opinion!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, so my music!!! For Christmas I would like one whole week just to go through all the suggestions here :joy:

I shall be going through all of these as I find time, and I will try and post links to my favourites songs as they (inevitably) change. I listen to so much music, it’s brilliant I can now do it in Welsh - if only I could understand all the lyrics :sweat_smile: :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

This is a selection of 40 of the favourite songs of Radio Cymru listeners. A helpful introduction to people like me!

Edited to add a better link.

2 Likes

Well I’ve just got the first album by Bendith (titled Bendith) and am wearing out my headphones listening to it on a loop. Enjoying it very much.
New Album by Bendith

3 Likes