Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Obscure version of a famous Welsh song - of the day!-

2 Likes

I have heard “Danybanc” a few times on the radio. Is the tune inspired by something else? It sounds familiar, especially the chorus.

1 Like

I’m not sure.

Here you go to establish by yourself.

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I think that it’s almost a ‘hygge’ of an album (to drag some Danish into this!) and I like the little snippets of ‘that sounds familiar’ which runs through some songs on it.
The last 6 months have been a great journey for me discovering Welsh language music, long may it continue!

2 Likes

Gwena - Gwibdaith Hen Frân (geiriau / lyrics)

From a Duolingo sentence discussion, where someone pointed to it as a way to remember the word gwenu “to smile”

I like the song :slight_smile:

It’s in northern Welsh apparently, for those who care about that sort of thing (e.g. efo rather than gyda or pronouncing -au as -a rather than -e).

2 Likes

Struggling to hear the lyrics …ANY HELP?
Seems to be talking about young people living in Cymru today …or??

Can wych! :slight_smile: “Gwena”!

Dyma un arall gan yr ods

3 Likes

Love this

4 Likes

Kizzy Crawford on Radio 4 later this afternoon with Can yr Adar sounds like it may be interesting.

1 Like

chwyrlio - whirring/whirling (in Welsh/ Yn Gymraeg

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you for posting these videos, it was an absolutely brilliant concert in the Pafiliwn!

2 Likes

llawenydd achlysurol - casual joy

ANYONE know which year this is from…hard to tell :smiley:

2 Likes

2004 - Winabego is the band. Check out their songs Dal i Fyny, Colli ar fy Mhen and Symud Mewn Gofod all of which are class.

3 Likes

Did they also make the song “Llygredd Golau”…its been made a private video on youtube…so I can no longer hear it! Druan fawr!

1 Like

I don’t think so. Dan Amor did a song called that, though.

2 Likes